Cessna A152 Aerobat (MS)

Jonny Gum

Elite member
Here is my drawing of the Aerobat wing so far. Should be ready to build when I have time.

I haven't yet decided if doubling the flaps and ailerons is worth it. By sanding one of the layers, the surface will match the triangular cross section of the wing, but its also a lot of work for an insignificant detail. If you look at the cross section in the bottom left of the attached image you should be able to see what I am referring to.
Autodesk AutoCAD 2022 - [C152A CAD.dwg] 12_11_2021 10_17_40 PM.png

Tench745

Master member
It is a bit of extra work and, in my experience, makes little difference to the maneuverability of the aircraft. It does make for a stiffer control surface with slightly less drag that also looks better.
You can always try it without then add the second surface and see which you prefer.

Jonny Gum

Elite member
I built the first version of the wing and have made minor adjustments on the cad design, including removal of the double layered control surfaces. Hopefully the version 2 wing will line up better.

Jonny Gum

Elite member
any updates?
even if plans are rough and just enough I would be really happy to build this
It’s still on the back burner, I’m just super busy going into spring. Will keep updated as I want to at least finish before flitefest.