Challenge for the Founders Plane

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
Since this thing is tri motor capable, it's well suited for this challenge.

For the center motor, add a spinner and large slower spinning prop. Glue a Hyperion fpv setup to the nosecone and see if you can take off and land with your view constantly spinning. :D

Bonus points if you don't throw up or fall over.

I suppose if you had to, you could put the center motor on a separate throttle channel and run it slow if you can't get it to spin without tossing the camera setup off.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Haha. I do not believe it is even theorettically possible except mayby for an accidentally successful "hop, jump and land". However, I reserve the right to be dully impressed.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
How hard could it be? You just have to blink your eyes rapidly so yay each time you open them the camera is the right way up. Like a strobe timing light. All you gotta do is train those eyelids (cue Rocky music).

DamoRC

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Even letting the center spinner/prop/camera free wheel without power to the motor would be... interesting :)

I think I am going to try for a tri-motor setup on mine, but I'll pass on the FPV spinner.

RMDC

Put it on a servo linked to both the aileron and rudder controls, such that either stick (or both) will rotate it as well as operate the appropriate control surface. Give the camera servo a lower throw rate on one side of the sticks than the other. It will never center quite right after it's first moved, even if you bring the sticks back to normal (I think; am I right? Pretty sure). Try flying that FPV.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Would probably be better using one of the small plane motors that has the gear reduction in place of a brushless full size motor to spin the camera slow enough and then set the competition who could fly the longest as the throttle is incremented during the flight or incremented in stages of the challenge.

JGplanes

HAHA! This is an awesome idea, but I don't want to destroy my founders plane just yet! Plus, I'm definitely would puke (good for video, bad for plane:) .

@localfiend: PS, sorry I missed you at FF. I didn't realize who you were until I walked right past you. I had the pringles can plane. Would have love to chat about 3D printing, etc...

JG

b-29er

You know, if you had the center throttle on its own dial, you should be able to sync up the RPM with the framerate to reduce vomit inducing-ness (See at about 25s here)