Changing modes on DXe Tx

sraphael

Hi everybody. I’m trying to switch modes on the DXe 7 channel Tx. I’m using a two channel - elevator/rudder - basic Radian. I need to have rudder/elevator on right stick. Aileron/throttle on left. Now, the aileron is on the right. Rudder on the left. How do I switch the two to get a mode 4 circumstance. Thx.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Man that's a tough one. I know I never tried to switch out of mode two, but there is a transmitter flight mode option on the laptop, but i have no idea how it works on the app. Good question though. The easy way would just be switch the wires going into the receiver. Plug ailerons into the rudder port and the rudder into the aileron port, which will only work if you are using a "Y" connector for the aileron servos. If you are using dual aileron setting then you only get the control of one aileron. If that makes sense

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I have not done it on the DXe, I have switched from mode 1 to 2 on another brand. The Tx took care of switching the stick inputs. All I had to do was remove a spring from one gimbal and put it on the other gimbal. And likewise switch a friction plate one gimbal to the other. It took a bit of fiddling but was not to bad.

My gimbals were both the same, the only difference one had a spring and the other had a friction plate. Everything was already there for the switch, just make the switch.

sraphael

I have not done it on the DXe, I have switched from mode 1 to 2 on another brand. The Tx took care of switching the stick inputs. All I had to do was remove a spring from one gimbal and put it on the other gimbal. And likewise switch a friction plate one gimbal to the other. It took a bit of fiddling but was not to bad.

My gimbals were both the same, the only difference one had a spring and the other had a friction plate. Everything was already there for the switch, just make the switch.

sraphael

Thx. The switch theoretically shouldn’t require a manual fix given that the throttle stays on the left stick in modes 2 and 4. It should just be a programming issue with a switch out between rudder and aileron. Perhaps I should consider a better radio😋

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Thx. The switch theoretically shouldn’t require a manual fix given that the throttle stays on the left stick in modes 2 and 4.
So you have a rudder & elevator plane & you want to control the rudder with aileron stick?

Try plugging the rudder servo into the aileron channel on the Rx.

sraphael

Out of the hobby for the last 25 hts. Flew sailplanes only. Today, as well. Learned with an old Kraft radio - I’m old - with rudder/elevator on eight stick. Can’t remember if we even knew about modes. Anyway, old habits die hard I guess but, at least with this plane and thx I’ll try mode 2. Next plane I get will have ailerons/elevator on the right - mode 2 So I should be OK. Will also get a better radio with computer mixing.

sraphael

Out of the hobby for the last 25 yrs Flew sailplanes only. Today, as well. Learned with an old Kraft radio - I’m old - with rudder/elevator on right stick. Can’t remember if we even knew about modes. Anyway, old habits die hard I guess but, at least with this plane and thx I’ll try mode 2. Next plane I get will have ailerons/elevator on the right - mode 2 So I should be OK. Will also get a better radio with computer mixing. Any suggestions on the radio.