Help! Changing Transmitter, feedback required...

mayan

Legendary member
Hey Everybody,

I need your help. As of now I have been using a Radiolink T8FB transmitter along side a DX4e transmitter. I really like the T8FB transmitter as apposed to the DX4e transmitter. The problem I have with the T8FB transmitter is that I have to connect it to a PC or advanced android device to make it work on elevon mixing, unlinke my DX4e transmitter in which all I have to do is flip a switch. I would have kept using the DX4e transmitter for elevon mixing airframes but dislike the way the trimming is done on that transmitter. So I am looking into buying a new transmitter which will give me the abilty to make all these changes on the transmitter and not through a PC or advance phone version. At the moment I am debating which transmitter to buy. I don't want to buy something too expensive or too advanced because I fear that with too many features I'll have a hard using it.

At the moment I am debating between two transmitters both radiolink AT9S or AT10 II. Does anyone have one of these and can give me some feedback about it?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I would recommend that you also consider the FlySky/Turnigy iA6 radio system. it does have a simple menu for adjustments and the capacity to support 20 different models with all of their individual setup variations each individually programmable/set. Price is ridiculously cheap as are additional receivers.

Since getting my first I have never looked back except to wish I had bought it earlier.

Have fun!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Which FlySky transmitter would you recommend?
It depends on how much you wish to spend but I use the cheap iA6 2A. Actually I now have 2 of them and am setup to instruct using the buddy box method. I intend to purchase a third unit to allow instruction in a different mode to that which I currently use. The only thing I would recommend is that you purchase some NiMH batteries to suit so that you do not have to keep buying batteries, (not a lot or very often but still an annoyance at times).

Have fun!

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
The flysky i6 and the qx7 both are rather good, the flysky is more budget friendly and can do plenty. Unless you need to do long range or some rather exotic mixes you wont need more than it.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Yes
DSC_0322.JPG

I have used the flysky for over 2 years now, only got the qx7 because I needed to do longer range stuff. I wouldnt give up my flysky for anything.

Arcfyre

Elite member
+1 for the Flysky unit. A buddy of mine uses it and it has most of the features of my DX8e for basically 1/4 the price.

mayan

Legendary member
You guys are making me ponder about getting the fs ia6 which is also cheaper than the two radiolink transmitters that I was looking at by 1/2. The only reason why I was thinking of staying with radiolink was because I have the other transmitter that also belongs to them and would allow me to buddy box with my son.

FDS

Elite member
The QX7 will buddy box with pretty much anything. Jumper T12 will also do any existing RX you have and buddy box.

Last edited:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
You also need to consider if the new Tx will be compatible with your existing Rxs. Flysky Rx are cheap enough you can likely replace all of them.