Charging Drone Battery with B6AC - no power pins

GH1999

I bought a spare battery for my Holy Stone HS700D drone. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H5D5QKL/?tag=lstir-20
Knowing little about the setup, I thought the connector on the end of the battery box was a USB (surprise!) it's a 3 pin balance connector.
I bought a B6AC balance charger (after being assured that this would work by the manufacturer) and I keep getting a "Connection Beak" error on the charger when I try to charge the battery - there is just the 3 pin balance connector and no power pins.
Can someone please advise if there is some adapter or balance board I need to allow the B6AC to successfully charge this battery? This is a 2s, 7.4V 2800mAh battery.
Thanks so much for any advice!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member

Ihichi Bolls

I also have a b6ac charger. It WILL charge up to 6 s packs.

If you look on the right side of the charger there is a large white plug cluster.. thats the balance ports for 2s to 6s.

Same side towords the front are two 5mm banana jacks. One red one black.
That is where your main leads to your packs plug in.

Mine came with an assortment of main leads with various connector types and a temp sensor.

If yours did not have those you will have to make or buy the proper main wire set.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
That's exactly what I need, thanks!
I would be careful using that connector, I’m not sure how much current it can handle. Depending on the size of wire, you may need to limit the change amperage below what the battery could otherwise handle.

GH1999

I would be careful using that connector, I’m not sure how much current it can handle. Depending on the size of wire, you may need to limit the change amperage below what the battery could otherwise handle.

Website states they're 22AWG, in free air they can handle 7A. My batteries are 2800mAh, even at 2C it would be 5.6 amps so there shouldn't be a problem, but I'll monitor the temperature just to be sure.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Website states they're 22AWG, in free air they can handle 7A. My batteries are 2800mAh, even at 2C it would be 5.6 amps so there shouldn't be a problem, but I'll monitor the temperature just to be sure.
Good to know. Sounds like there should not be any issues. 7 amps is more than I had imagined.

Bruces

B6 should pay attention to whether there is overcharge protection. I used this charger to charge my tattu battery and another 5000mah lipo, I have to pay attention to it

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
B6 chargers you can set over charge protection in the main menu. You can set for time, over all mah or if you have the sensor the temp sensor. Thats what the servo looking port on the side is for.