charging multiple batteries...

davyg

I have made up a 4 x battery charging harness for my 600mah 3.7v lipos...

My question is this: how would I setup the Turnigy Accucel 6 prior to start the charge... I don't wanna fry the lipos..... and how long would they take to charge up..

Attachments

• 2013-02-09 14.58.12.jpg
    2013-02-09 14.58.12.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 2013-02-09 14.58.28.jpg
    2013-02-09 14.58.28.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 53

lonewolf7717

4 x 600mah = 2400mah total capacity. Set charger for basic charge (no need for balance charge with 1s) 3.7/1s @ 2.4amp (1c). As too how long it will take that depends on discharge level and overall condition of lipos. Not critical but try to charge lipos all within same discharge level, in parallel like that they will all self balance....high voltage lipos will "top off" lower voltage lipos until they all equal out. Also again not super critical but try to charge all same brand and general age together.....older lipos with older lipos and newer ones with other newer ones.

lonewolf7717

With those nanotechs you could go 2c or more on charge rate but if you are not in a huge hurry lower charge rates are always best.

davyg

all appears to be working as it should.... took about an hour to charge the 4 lipos , the 2.4a setting dropped to .6a after an hour of charging...was this normal??

2013-02-13 20.39.03.jpg

lonewolf7717

That amp drop towards end of charge it completely normal.....function of all lipo chargers now days to "top off" towards the end. Depends on lipos used and age but sometimes that last little bit of "top off" charge can be the longest part of charging. Your charger should have a fast charge function that will skip that slow last stage. Basically if you fast charge you will end up with a lipo 98%-99% capacity skipping that last little bit and shouldn't reduce flight time noticeably.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Me and my friend use the same charger, but it will say INPUT VOLTAGE ERROR if you try to charge at more than 1.2 amps... I think that's because the power supply is not good enough... Charging with the car I could do 1.5C on a 1300mAh!

davyg

Me and my friend use the same charger, but it will say INPUT VOLTAGE ERROR if you try to charge at more than 1.2 amps... I think that's because the power supply is not good enough... Charging with the car I could do 1.5C on a 1300mAh!

worked just fine for me.. with no "Input voltage error":confused::confused: