Charging Stations and Chargers

SOOFLY

You guys should do a video and show us your charging setup. There are a lot of great setups out there for charging and it seems like the most difficult issue is which power supply to use or build. I'm sure the Swede (David) has some great ideas for combining the power supply and charger in a tool box or something to make everything clean and organized. With all the flying you guys do, you must have a pretty good charging setup so that you can charge multiple batteries at the same time.

I've been wanting to purchase an old server power supply and wire it up for charging. I currently run an accucell 6, but I am limited to 5amp output (charging power). So if I'm charging a 2200mah batter at 1C it takes 2.2amp output. I would like to be able to charge 4-5 2200mah batteries at the same time so that I can fly more, but obviously with my current charger I am very limited.

There is a ton of information on this on RCG, but I wanted to see what ideas you guys might have came up with that worked and was economically efficient.

2 Dell server power supplies from Feathermerchant. Harbor Freight briefcase. Powerlab 6. Multi-Parallel Adapter.

It's beautiful.

My flying buddy calls it my Taliban charger.

DDSFlyer

I second this topic! I just saw the latest video of you guys showing off your battery station but I would love to know how you set that up, what goes into the choices/decisions for the setup, what actual chargers you use, how to charge multiple batteries at one time, etc.

All I ended up getting on a recommendation from a friend was my Thunder AC6 charger mainly so that I could charge from a plu in outlet vs just a car battery (which seems scary to me)

xoration

Yes that would be really great. And maybe also take it a little further like what batteries to use how to determine the right battery etc. Parallel vs. Serial charging. And so on.

Maybe also about batteries vs. motors and determining the right prop size.