Cheap-n- Easy Plans

NickRehm

The title says it all... This plane is very cheap and easy to build, and even easier to fly!
This has been the plane that I direct all the new scrathbuilders to since it's made out of one 20"x30" foamboard sheet from dollar tree and super easy to build.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1261273
Plans post #39

Don't hesitate to build one of these advanced guys.. With a 22-12-6 and 3s setup you can do rolls with the rudder and it turns into a real speed demon.

Thought I'd share this great little plane with you guys :cool:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Wow yeah nice for sharing it. Thats for sure!

It kinda has that dihedral as well so it should fly quite nice and it does from what I saw in the video!

Nice plane, but honestly I think it could get boring quite quickly

NickRehm

The dihedral is what makes it a perfect RET plane... It almost flys like a high wing trainer since it always levels out but it's so much easier to build. With a classic slowfly setup (for a beginner) you can do basic tricks like flips and maybe a rudder roll. But when you add something like a mjv3 with a 1600 3s, it really comes to life. I'm sure it looks like it could get boring but you can do so much more with this plane than it seems.
Try building one, you'll fall in love lol!

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
The dihedral is what makes it a perfect RET plane... It almost flys like a high wing trainer since it always levels out but it's so much easier to build. With a classic slowfly setup (for a beginner) you can do basic tricks like flips and maybe a rudder roll. But when you add something like a mjv3 with a 1600 3s, it really comes to life. I'm sure it looks like it could get boring but you can do so much more with this plane than it seems.
Try building one, you'll fall in love lol!

Haha okay I´ll see what I can do in the future.

The problem just is that everytime I go on the flitetest forum I see something new and want to build it and my list keeps getting longer and longer.

I decided to only concentrate what I want to build right now and leave everything else open and right now I am on a Tricopter build.

NickRehm

Yea I understand what you mean.. This is more of like a "side project" that you do when you're bored. But if one ever gets built from you, be sure to post some pics here!

Thanks

rcjose

I've built around 5 of them. Even made one of them look like an F-17. I have videos on my youtube channel, rcjoseb. It's a great plane.