Cheap thrills

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
There will be many who laugh at me posting something in the heli section... But I've been having a blast for the last week or so, after modifying the tx of my toy $10 coaxial to mate it with a 1500mAh 2s. It's been uncharacteristically windy here in Canberra over the last month, where winter is meant to be predominantly cold, frosty mornings and still, cool and sunny days. I haven't been getting enough of my usual fix of fixed wing mayhem. Maybe it's some sort of winter madness.

IMG133.jpg IMG135.jpg

Unfortunately it's dark, so it's hard to see him, but the brindle coloured dog curled up on the floor is a Dutch Shepherd.

IMG137.jpg

These are a stunning breed of dog, off the same vein as German Shepherds but with brindle colouring, proper hind legs and a slightly longer nose. Our old boy is a rescue dog and is a surprisingly spritely 10-11 year old. Dutch Sheps have a stronger protective instinct and stronger will than a German Shepherd, and love being passive aggressively disobedient. Our fella really reacts to Nerf guns (we never shoot our dogs with them) and will start yawning and biting at them. He's started to do the same with this little heli. It's very cute and very funny. The mrs is away, so I'll have to wait until she's back to get some video.

The black and white dog you see in this photo is our 18 month old poodle. She's as thick as a brick and just keeps walking away, but doesn't react toward it.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Haha. I did try to attach a keychain camera... Couldn't take the weight. I can't see what capacity battery is actually in it, but I'm guessing around 100mAh.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Haha. I did try to attach a keychain camera... Couldn't take the weight. I can't see what capacity battery is actually in it, but I'm guessing around 100mAh.

Usually in those micros its less than 150mAh... You could get a bunch of the right batteries and make a swappable connection - then you charge them in paralell, six at a time :)

I wonder what would happen with a higher discharge capacity battery..?

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I reckon the 15C is enough. By the way, this thing took a bath in our fish tank last night. I'm amazed it's still working. Also my boys have 'tried' to 'fly' it.

glydr

How many letters do we ge
I rate baby helis for indoor work.

Now LM, you just need to upgrade to CP!

:)

earthsciteach

I used to enjoy chasing my two labrador retrievers with my Syma S107. Then, the yellow lab chewed up the nose. Statement clearly received.