• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Checking for New Posts.

Is there a way so that when you click on a thread it goes straight to the 1st unread post? So that you dont have to skip over what you have already read?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Mentor
There is indeed.

in the list view, just to the left of the thread title there's a blue button with a double down arrow (fast down?). Click on it instead of the tread title and you immediately go to the first "new" post (as in "new-to-you").

:applause: Thanks Crafty Dan for your help. I would have sworn that I have never seen the arrows before, but now they stand out like big neon signs.

Balu

Staff member
Admin
There's also a little green arrow on the thread icons that shows threads you've participated in already. :)

cranialrectosis

The flying faceplant!
Mentor
I am wondering how this feature works. I ask because I often click that button after I have been away for a few days and get the message that there are no new posts, click to see posts in the last 24 hours.

I suspect it is the result of my 'extreme vetting' of internet sites. I whitelist FT for adblock plus but I suspect https everywhere (relaxed rules for FT) or privacy Badger or my use of incognito mode does this. I think the issue could also be due to some type of re-setting of the server though too.

Any thoughts?

Where do I start...

In the many years I have been using a computer, I have never been on a forum. This one interests me because I’m new to this hobby and thought it would be helpful. Building a plane that I can actually fly interests me a great deal. But, maneuvering around a forum frustrates me. Where do I start?

FlyingMonkey

Stuck in Sunny FL
Staff member
Admin

TexMechsRobot

Posted a thousand or more times
I always go straight to the Quick Links -> Today's Posts and cruise through there. I just read the titles of the threads and go into the ones that interest me. I don't usually dive into specific forum divisions unless I'm creating a new thread.

cranialrectosis

The flying faceplant!
Mentor
I like the new posts link at the top of the page. Basically the same answer as TexMechsRobot's.

The value of this approach is that it doesn't put you in a category. I learn a TON when I go outside my little multi-rotor box and this method exposes me to parts of the hobby I might not normally explore.