Checkout this JET !!

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
Friends,

I went to one of the best RC clubs in my city/maybe in my country.

when i got there; this is what i saw !

(checkout my EPP YAK !! it flew nicely !)

2012-04-07 13.39.54.jpg 2012-04-07 10.31.34.jpg 2012-04-07 10.36.37.jpg 2012-04-07 11.47.49.jpg 2012-04-07 13.25.27.jpg 2012-04-07 13.28.43.jpg 2012-04-07 13.29.08.jpg umax beast.JPG

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
Turbines are wicked! Did you get to see it fly?

I went to a fun fly last year where a guy had a couple of turbines. It's amazing how real they look and sound. Even the smell of jet A is spot on.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I had the opportunity last summer to see a similar sized turbine jet. It was really amazing to look at and see all the craftsmanship that goes into something like that. Unfortunately I had to leave as he was getting ready to fly it but I heard it flying over.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
yes i saw it flying !!

the guy made a low pass maybe 1,5 meter above ground at 350 Km/h !!!!!!!!!!!!! he said he downgraded the specs on the turbine to fly at my city since its illegal to pass 400 Km/h on RC.

he said top speed is around 500 Km/h when he flew over a farm in the interior of the country. (no regulation :D)

sandblaster

yes i saw it flying !!

the guy made a low pass maybe 1,5 meter above ground at 350 Km/h !!!!!!!!!!!!! he said he downgraded the specs on the turbine to fly at my city since its illegal to pass 400 Km/h on RC.

he said top speed is around 500 Km/h when he flew over a farm in the interior of the country. (no regulation :D)

O.K. For us US guys, 500 Km/h is just over 310 MPH, or close to .5 Mach or almost half way to the speed of sound. That is so fast for RC control from the ground. Would be something to watch for sure. Wonder how long before someone claims the speed of sound in RC planes. With turbines the power must be avaiable. Not sure it would be a good thing for the hobby but it is coming I suspect.

teflyer

Full Circle
and also someone needs to make a seriously strong airframe. I bet if you have a strong enough airplane and just get it up to altitude and dive it, you can break the sound barrier. That would look so so cool! probably FPV too. I would think a 770 mph model would be pretty darn hard to see.:D. Technically, the first breakings of the sound barier were with planes in steep dives, so it would sort of count as breaking the sound barrier in dive. and then from there move on to breaking the sound barrier in level flight, perhaps first with rocket motors with long burn times, like the Bell X-1.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
did you guys noticed the FPV gear on the other picture ??

that poor man crashed his HK EPP-FPV within 3 min of flying with ALL his FPV mounted on (eagle tree OSD, tvl 600 camera, 200 dollars GPS ...)

he said he lost signal, but i think he is a bad pilot with alot of money :p

I earned some carbon fiber tubes i scavenged from the wreck HA HA HA.