nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
EDIT - September 17th
The community has spoken!
n8ocVaK.png

EDIT - September 16th
- - - -
Wow guys thanks for the awesome response. I have taken all of your ideas and put them in a voting form here:

Voting closed - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YTWj3cf7zrVbARBSQ74c_0J1fHfySj7Lvi1ja9sjxSo/viewform?usp=send_form

Pick your top 3!

View all the votes here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YT...j7Lvi1ja9sjxSo/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm
- - - -

Hey everyone! I am about to wrap up my nnMIG 3 and I haven't made a thread yet but I have begun work on the nnA-10 (thread will be up soon). I am also doing my video tutorial series covering how to design DTFB planes with a DH-88, but that one will be a long stretched out project. You'd think this is enough to keep me busy but I like to have many projects going at once so I can move between them as I get inspired. Also, as a parent of a 1 year old, depending on what kind of time I have available having many projects at different points of completion lets me work on whatever fits my schedule best at that time. I like to do planes that aren't super common and are a little unique.

So, with that being said I'd like for you guys to pick my next design! Here are the planes I have already decided I want to build at some point, but I need your guys' input and help choosing what's next.

These would all be swappable and please let me know if you wanna see something that's not on this list.

Corsair
xbq5hGq.jpg

P-38 Lightning
cReL39t.jpg

P-66
M272086.png

Bearcat
SvS0ZAg.jpg

P-26
FlSZseG.jpg

Please let me know what I should build next!

Last edited:

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
How about a 70mm EDF or Pusher Prop DeHavilland Vampire acceleration-dehavilland-vampire-fsx1.jpg

Last edited:

Jaxx

Yes, I believe those are the only intakes.

Here's a pusher-prop model
custphoto-08b.jpg

Last edited:

Jaxx

The pusher configuration would probably be easier to design, because you wouldn't have to worry about the intakes. An EDF version would be awesome though!

Jaxx

Since I'm the only person who wants you to design new planes, here's one more suggestion. 4 Blue Wonder motors would be perfect on this. Here is an example of what BW motors can do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNI8ML3h5cY

Okay, I'll stop hogging this thread now.

The C-130
Lockheed_C-130_Hercules.jpg

Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I think I would definitely do the EDF version with the wing intakes, so sick. I've wanted to do a C-130 really bad and I am going to do one once I'm solid on multi prop planes. My dad was in the coast guard for 30 years and worked on C-130s so it's a special plane to me.

I have flown in them many times over the years. We used to take med flights to the main land in Alaska (I'm from Kodiak) to go school shopping or to go to the ski resorts. Ah memories, haha.

Last edited:

Jaxx

I think I would definitely do the EDF version with the wing intakes, so sick. I've wanted to do a C-130 really bad and I am going to do one once I'm solid on multi prop planes. My dad was in the coast guard for 30 years and worked on C-130s so it's a special plane to me.

I have flown in them many times over the years. We used to take med flights to the main land in Alaska (I'm from Kodiak) to go school shopping or to go to the ski resorts. Ah memories, haha.

That's an awesome story! The A-10 and C-130 are my two favorite planes. I watch the C-130s fly around over my neighborhood and flying field daily.....sometimes four at a time. I love watching them do touch-and-gos. I really look forward to learning and mastering your design technique. Thanks again Nic.

MT Alex

I would have said the XP-55, but it is very similar to the J7W Shinden that the boys are set to release. In fact, it's amazing just how strikingly close the two are.

XP-55
0111xp55.jpg

Shinden
IMG_1306.jpg

LordVader

I like the Cosair. I like the Vampire too. A P 40 would be nice, also a Junkers Stuka dive bomber is cool. Maybe a Yak 7 or Yak 11. A Pusska PM 111 is cool. Any Warbird is a plus for me.:)

Corbarrad

Sorry to Nitpick, but the I-16 in your opening post seems to be a P-36.
Personally I'd like to see a reasonably sized P-38 more than anything, but it'll be hard to incorporate the power pods into the booms while still making the plane look sleek.

jayz 84

Really want something different and one of the fastest planes in it time.. luftwaffe's TA 152 H. Now thats different

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Well, I'm biased toward any WWII era pacific aircraft, seeing action or not. The F8F would be great. Would love to see what you do with a dive bomber of some kind. US or Japanese. There again, biased. I stinking love dive bombers.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Wow thanks for the input guys! I didn't expect this much response. I will put all the suggestions into a Google form and then maybe have everyone pick their top 3. That should narrow all the suggestions down to the winner.