CHUCK Glider 2018

SheppO

Hi Guys

A new year - a new chuck glider.

I know some people out there had a good experience building and flying the one sheet Tiny Trainer mod I shared a couple of years ago- especially with kids and Particularly good for STEM groups apparently.

Well, here are some new plans for a similar glider - slightly nicer looking in my opinion - not much harder to build I hope.
One sheet, one piece wing 29 1/2" span.

Let me know what you think - feel free to give it a shot building one.

I'll try and get my own build going too, my wife wants me to re design the kitchen first - so it might take a while ;-)

Cheers

SheppO

View attachment Chuck2018.pdf Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 10.14.51.png

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Sounds like fun! I love chuck gliders and might have to build this after I'm done with my micro FPV project.

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
My wife just went and ordered one of the foam chuck gliders from Lazertoyz. So much for her brand loyalty. :cautious:

Anyway, it's pretty similar to this design. They've got an R/C version. I'm guessing yours would be excellent for R/C as well.

SheppO

My wife just went and ordered one of the foam chuck gliders from Lazertoyz. So much for her brand loyalty. :cautious:

Anyway, it's pretty similar to this design. They've got an R/C version. I'm guessing yours would be excellent for R/C as well.

Ha ! cool - the lazertoys one seems to be the same as the glider that very much inspired these plans - i came across them via a uk supplier https://www.robotbirds.co.uk/default/flexipor-glider-felix-60-2-gen.html. and I think they come from a german company called miniprop.

I buy a couple of these guys (45cm size) each year to go in the Christmas stockings - they fly great - hold up pretty well and glue back together with UHU POR nicely when they get chewed up by small humans.

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Definitely a good design regardless. My son really likes his. I think it's mainly an infatuation with the size of it since he can throw his balsa gliders much farther.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I will build this tonight. I have used your first one for the STEM scout night. and I have another one this weekend.
When I build it, I will let you know my thoughts. as I have built the first gen. (thing I like about the first gen was the 5-sided fuse box. this really helped keep the fuse squared and strong, and allows for easy taped applications.)