Clouds Fly (AXN Floater jet)

sparksflying

I have two of these things, i really like the concept, ie. foam, 4 channel, prop at back, because i am the worlds worst learner.I was really starting to learn on this. However i have had repeated servo, motor and ESC failures. Not modded or anything.
I questioned the fact that it recommended a 25c battery and came with a Turnigy 20 amp ESC, i watched a YouTube tutorial which said this was a no-no, which made sense to me. So two motors and ESC's later i am grounded waiting for my mate to fix it for me.
Oh and another thing, dont fit cheap 2.4 receivers, i lost it over a railway marshalling yard in NW London UK when we lost signal. The railway men found it the next day! amazingly it had survived the crash but not the subsequent 400 ton locomotive that went over it! Thats when i got the second one that i previously returned for servo failure, brought it cheap to make one good one with spares.
Has anyone else had these sort of problems?
By the way i think its also called an AXN Floater Jet.:mad:

fwa2500

Ramp Rat
i bought the kit version and built it to bruce's (x-jet/rcmodelreviews) suggestions and havent had any issues other than having to re-glue the elevator servo. i am also using an orange rx with remote aux antenna with no issues at all even when flying with others. its quite possible that you could have just gotten bad parts in yours....

andy_spoo

AXN Floater

Hi.

I've got one of these. It's my first plane and I've yet to fly it! Might have time to give it it's maiden today :)

I followed these videos, done my a very helpful Australian guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU_IEdTDOq0
His step-by-step is just perfect.

I've used the steppers and other components that he recommended, as just as he suggested I got the kit that just has the motor, but no steppers etc., because he said that they're not very good and the ESC just doesn't supply enough ampage (he said that if your moving a lot of servo's at the same time it just goes "spazy"). As he's build and used a few, it seemed like a good idea to follow his advice.

On another note, I've also build the 'Raptor' as demo'd by flitetest.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
That's funny... I had an AXN for a year and a half and I never had a servo Failure. I nosed it in 20 or 30 times too. Mine also came with a 25 amp ESC rather than a 20 amp. All of its components (except the Elevator servo) were still in use until a week ago yesterday when I tried a 4 cell 2500 on the stock motor... Other than that all of the equipment is still in use.

Did you flex all the control surfaces about 40 times? That helped a lot for maneuverability, and made it easier on the servos. Also, What Lipo are you using?

But, if I may suggest a different plane, the bixler is far more durable, albeit slower, and is also capable of carrying a heavier load. I know this from my Brushed EZ star that can carry a gopro.

DDSFlyer

I also followed those same videos to order and build my AXN floater jet. It's been good so far, but I've replaced 3 of the 4 hobbyking white servos that I originally ordered with it for HXT 900 servos. I've had multiple bad crashes and nose in's, 2 busted batteries, and broken fuselage (x2), but one carbon fiber spar and lots of hot glue and she still flies great! (a little tail heavy with the hot glue)
Get her up high and try to learn to fly slowly with it as this is a fast flyer with quick response. It can be easy or very hard to learn because of that. Had a guy try to learn to fly with this one and maidened it without a buddy box (my fault) and he had a spectacular crash resulting in me having spare parts for mine now...

brizrobbo

I followed these videos, done my a very helpful Australian guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU_IEdTDOq0

Actually, this guy (Bruce) is a Kiwi (i.e. from New Zealand). And his channel is awesome ... I thoroughly recommend it. It's one of my must watches (along with FliteTest) every week. I am putting together my own ARF AXN right now, following his guidelines. I am enjoying the build immensely because of it.
Cheers.

Shufty

Hi.

I've got one of these. It's my first plane and I've yet to fly it! Might have time to give it it's maiden today :)

I've used the steppers and other components that he recommended, as just as he suggested I got the kit that just has the motor, but no steppers etc., because he said that they're not very good and the ESC just doesn't supply enough ampage (he said that if your moving a lot of servo's at the same time it just goes "spazy"). As he's build and used a few, it seemed like a good idea to follow his advice.

On another note, I've also build the 'Raptor' as demo'd by flitetest.

Bruce is actually a Kiwi (New Zealander) not an Aussie :) Although we do tend to claim many kiwi's as our own ;)

andy92

AXN power

I reckon the AXN is a cracking little plane for the price, I can just put in the back of the car and gives me lots of fun. I bought the (£42) ARF version with motor only, shipped from the UK and I put in my own 9g servo's in, an AR610 rx and a 30amp ESC, still cost less than £70. My mate forked out a lot of dosh for a Hobbyzone Opterra and I let him fly my AXN and now he opts to fly it instead of the Opterra .. Loads of power when needed great for cruising on the thermals and with durable better quality EPO foam.