CMP Katana SR

Rcgary24

Crash Test Pilot!
Hey guys , any of you have the katana SR? i have one and i want to see what everyone thinks and what upgrades they have done , right now im flying mine on 4S and she does pretty good , i upgraded my servos to tower pro digitals and re-hinged it with pinned hinges , nice easy movement! i just ordered a 1100 watt motor which is overkill but i want the extra power , ill be running it on 5S with that motor and a turnigy plush ESC , i flew it at the black hills huckfest this last summer , everybody was suprised and i was using my turnigy 9x radio , using a JR 9303 2.4 now , ill be competing with it this next year hopefully!

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Yep, I had one and lost it when I flew past the sun. I upgraded to a 13x8 prop and it made it way faster on 4s.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/cmp-ep-katana-sr.html

CMP-EP-Katana-SR-Fly-22.jpg

I've been considering another b/c it flew so well.

Rcgary24

Crash Test Pilot!
the only thing i had a problem with on mine was the rudder servo , sometimes it wouldnt want to center , so every once and a while the tail would wag , but since i upgraded the servos it flies alot smoother , right now im using a 13x7 APC and it does quite well , the only reason im upgrading the power system is i want unlimited vertical and for it to hover at about 1/3 throttle , absolutly great flying plane and for the cost i personally would recommend one..... im thinking of getting the NS-50 and giving it a try.

im thinking of getting the NS-50 and giving it a try.

The stock 45 amp esc on the NS 50 is almost sad. Go with the Nemesis from Hobbyking. It's the same airplane, just without electronics. Upgrade it to 6s on a high kv inrunner and try to race some H9 sundowners!

choi1970

I wonder if you could help me I have a Sebart KatanaS 30e I just burn out two engines I'm using a four cell battery 65 amp speed controller and a 14 x 6 prop watt motor to you recommend looking at hobby King will 700 kv or 800kv will be any good can you help me out please the last two motors was axi 2820>10 and multiplex 3528>0800

Personally, The NTM prop drive and Turnigy SK are both better suited to a Sebart plane. They are much lighter and higher quality. Match the watts and measurements of the motor you need and that will be the one!

Quino

Hey Hi guys I have a Katana question for you I just got a brand new EP katana SR off Craigslist for $140 and I really can't wait to fly it the only problem is I am having trouble finding a 4s battery pack that I can afford :/ is it absolutely necessary to use a 4s 30a 3500 mah? could you use A 3s 60a 5000mah or maybe two 2s 3000mahs in series? I am sure there is some reason for this plane being a 4 s I am not to knowledgeable on big balsa 3d any info on other battery combos that have been used or if any one knows were I can find a cheep one I would be pleased to get your opinion
Thank You
Quino

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
...is it absolutely necessary to use a 4s 30a 3500 mah? could you use A 3s 60a 5000mah or maybe two 2s 3000mahs in series? I am sure there is some reason for this plane being a 4 s I am not to knowledgeable on big balsa 3d any info on other battery combos that have been used or if any one knows were I can find a cheep one I would be pleased to get your opinion
Thank You
Quino

The mah is only a guideline but you will need 4s. If you can get it to balance with two 2s 3000's in series, then do it. I flew mine with a 4s 5000 with no problems. this specific model really isn't much on 3d, it's more of a sport plane.