CNC plans?

obmarknad

First of all im sorry for the mistakes i made im not a native

Has anyone got fusion sketch plans for the scrath builds

For the last 6 months i have gotten into the hobby of building and flying rc airplanes (Thanks to flitetest and a youtube chanel called samm shepherd) I have mostly only flown a xk600 rtf plane (about 40-60 minutes of flight time) .
I have started to build my planes from foamboard i have made 3 so far.(and i have just built a hotwire foam cutter i have been experimenting on it just for a week)
And the hardest part about strach building (from the flite test plans) is laying out the paper and cutting it with my not so great cutting skills.

Recently i have gained access to my schools laser cutter(CNC) And i have been struggiling a lot do draw the flitetest scratch plans to scehct form in autodesk fusion 360
so if anyone has some plans that would be great .

ps: i have already spend close to 4 hours just to get the FT Nutball model on fusion 360 and so far i have failed :(

Henry

Why are you putting them in Fusion? Usually laser cutters have interfaces like a printer so you can just print the PDFs or you might need to convert them to EPS files, which is pretty easy.

Also be careful cutting foam board. It's extremely flammable, even Flitetest had a fire, and the fumes are toxic.

Ericrobb

I use fusion 360 also, does anyone have and plans drawn into fusion 360. Fusion 360 doesn't like it when you import dxf files. it doesn't work properly.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
I use fusion 360 also, does anyone have and plans drawn into fusion 360. Fusion 360 doesn't like it when you import dxf files. it doesn't work properly.

No need to import to fusion.

If you already have a .dxf file, put that in cam software to generate the g.code (cut files).

If you are starting with a .pdf, put that into a cad program (doubleCad is free) and and save as a .dxf.

On another note. It is best to start from the FT released .pdf files and do the leg work to make the cut files. Since each program and machine combination is a little different with their own quirks and nuances, sharing cut files often proves pointless. You should also consider copyright and intellectual property and not produce kits.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
First of all im sorry for the mistakes i made im not a native

Has anyone got fusion sketch plans for the scrath builds

For the last 6 months i have gotten into the hobby of building and flying rc airplanes (Thanks to flitetest and a youtube chanel called samm shepherd) I have mostly only flown a xk600 rtf plane (about 40-60 minutes of flight time) .
I have started to build my planes from foamboard i have made 3 so far.(and i have just built a hotwire foam cutter i have been experimenting on it just for a week)
And the hardest part about strach building (from the flite test plans) is laying out the paper and cutting it with my not so great cutting skills.

Recently i have gained access to my schools laser cutter(CNC) And i have been struggiling a lot do draw the flitetest scratch plans to scehct form in autodesk fusion 360
so if anyone has some plans that would be great .

ps: i have already spend close to 4 hours just to get the FT Nutball model on fusion 360 and so far i have failed :(
You don't need to cut the plans out or go to the extremes of a laser cutter.
Just buy tracing paper or if you cant get hold of that use grease proof paper as used in baking. Place the tracing paper over the plan and copy it using a pencil and ruler even red ballpoint and blue ball point pens work on the grease proof paper. Once you have the image turn the tracing paper over and place on the foamboard. Now using the pencil and coloured pens go over the back of the image and it will transfer to the foam board. Ive been using this method for the last 2 years and built loads of flight test models this way.
The only thing to remember is its a reverse copy so, some areas will need the opposite image copying eg powerpods with right hand thrust, position of pushrod slots and control horns.
I get pretty accurate builds with this method as its a direct copy of the plan, just need to make sure you pin your traced copy to the foamboard so it doesnt move.
Oh I made a mistake once I bought my grease proof paper from another store and it was brown instead of white/clear version I usually use so it was diffiicult to see the image compared with the white version.