• Poll closed .

PaulT

Mentor
And if by Christmas he still hasn't one, we should all pitch in on a
HK Bixler for him!!

Last edited:

PaulT

Mentor
Poll should read end of the year not Chistmas. Sorry if I offended any non Christians out there!

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Thanks, PaulT + Trumpy + Heli-Yeah + jetpackninja + ananas1301 + FlyingMonkey + UndCon + Evel Knievel + bubsteve!

Last edited:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I wanted to vote for the condition that you would achieve as fast as possible but because I´m not sure whether you´re gonna keep posting or not (I actually wanted to vote for the 400 comments) I thought I´ll give you time to christmas.

You could also quickly open up 68 new threads and there you have your bixler, so christmas was the option to go.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I wanted to vote for the condition that you would achieve as fast as possible but because I´m not sure whether you´re gonna keep posting or not (I actually wanted to vote for the 400 comments) I thought I´ll give you time to christmas.

You could also quickly open up 68 new threads and there you have your bixler, so christmas was the option to go.

That's why it's not good to make the number of posts look important. (so far I'm the person with most posts on the forum, but it's not because I know more than anyone else, it's because I'm spending all day on the forum)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
If you go to my profile, and click About Me, you can see that my "Posts per day" rating is around 21... which, considering my actual number of posts, gives the following calculations:

45 posts to get to 400. 45 / 21 = about two days...
145 posts to get to 500. 145 / 21 = about a week...
645 posts to get to 1000. 645 / 21 = about a month...
till the end of the year = two and a half months... Which is the most reasonable option...

bubsteve

I hope we can pull this off,, if not I'll find a way to get you a plane,, I've give'in a Zillion away in the last 12-14 years with my Kid's club that I maintain here,,the plane's easy, but gett'in it to you in Ecuador may but the biggist prob,,Hang in There!!! bubsteve

Attachments

• petty_an_red_094.jpg
    petty_an_red_094.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 44
  • petty_an_red_615.jpg
    petty_an_red_615.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 44
  • planes 502.jpg
    planes 502.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 49
  • petty_an_red_638.jpg
    petty_an_red_638.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 41
  • petty_an_red_635.jpg
    petty_an_red_635.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 44
  • petty_an_red_619.jpg
    petty_an_red_619.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 44
  • planes 198.jpg
    planes 198.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 49
  • planes_143.jpg
    planes_143.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 47

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Where are you in Ecuador? I know folks there in Quito. There are also folks headed that way every few months from the USA on Medical Mission Trips.

Thurmond

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I live in a small town called Portoviejo. It's 8 hours away from Quito by bus. But I suppose your friends have loads of medicals stuff already... I don't think it would be nice to ask them to bring a plane... just my opinion... Are they the UNICEF guys?

I have buddies that go to the states once in a while. I'll check with them.

mapa.jpg

earthsciteach

Ha! I was thinking about sending Colorex a couple of sheets of foam and some electronics this morning. I like this kid. He is hyper focused and motivated!

Colorex-does Fed-ex or UPS deliver in your town?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Ha! I was thinking about sending Colorex a couple of sheets of foam and some electronics this morning. I like this kid. He is hyper focused and motivated!

Colorex-does Fed-ex or UPS deliver in your town?

Really? :O Thanks everyone for your generosity!
You really don't have to! :)
I don't know about FedEx or UPS, but normal (registered) mail should work.
Less than $400 worth and less than 4kg should not pay customs. I don't know how they treat batteries or electronics... I do know that you must write in big red letters FRAGILE or it will arrive in bad condition.

In any case, if you're really sure you want to send me something, PM me and I'll give you the details.

Thanks again, I'm really surprised!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Congrats on the challenge win Colorex! Looks like you are on the way to being a for real RC pilot! Yay! Gotta love the Joshes and chad for getting that done!