Combat Fighters

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I flew the P-40 today, it fly's amazing! I have attached a link to the flight. I flew it on a 25c 2200 3s battery and a 35c 1500 3s both flights approximately 5 -7 mins.
It looks like it fly awesome. I gotta build me one!

Notnewton

These are all great flying Designs I have built the P40, two P51's, the corsair and the wildcat. Once you get the hang of building them they can come out under 250g RTF unless you upscale like the OP. I think all of my current ones are around 248g.
View attachment 120516

Grakon

Notnewton, those are the ones I used to upscale my version but I used what I call the Flitetest wing design. Not wanting to utilize the two sheets of foam board design for the wings. I designed a 42" wingspan, with the front fuselage 8 ply foam board thick, reducing toward the rear of the fuselage. I was actually thinking on adding an extra sheet or two maybe 9 or 10 ply in the front, the 3s battery fits fine but a little more room and less profile look wouldn't hurt. I am going to add retract's to the P-51. Belly landings are OK but I think the retracts would be a great touch. I don't think my designs could get down to 250 grams... I like an airplane with a little more beef to it... ;)

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Very cool! Reminds me of a friends plans over on RCGroups. Check them out HERE for more ideas.