800mm Chipmunk Blk-angle2.jpg
    505 KB · Views: 0
  • FT Mustang-Red Tail-tail.jpg
    FT Mustang-Red Tail-tail.jpg
    647.5 KB · Views: 0

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
What about lasertag? Have a system where getting shot deactivates the other person's aircraft for a short period of time. Last one to stay in the sky wins!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Nothing beats full contact foam to foam combat!

Hobbyzone makes something that works in a similar fashion to what you are describing.
I think it's called a sonic combat module or something like that. Maybe we will see a review or a challenge somehow related to this system sometime in the near future!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Had a quick look, and they're pretty cheap, but compatability might be an issue... Do you know of anyone who has retrofitted these to a non-Hobbyzone/Parkzone plane?

Dirty_Cajun

has anyone considered a target shooting fpv challenge? you could use either airsoft, paintball, or even a micro spud launcher.

Ill be honest my fav would be a paintball challenge. what i would do is have an rc plane equiped with a paintball marker. and two pilots. one pilot would fly the airplane, while the other had to run from one point to another "could use cones to denote the points" the idea is to have the pilot that flys the plane get until the runner gets to the finish line to strafe him using only fpv. then they switch. at the end of each run they count points from the number of hits on the runner. then the pilot becomes the runner and the runner becomes the pilot. another option is to have a RC Car stand in for the runner with a target (piece of foam or cardboard) attached to make it a little easier

Last edited:

Fatfish

at the end of each run they count points from the number of hits on the runner. then the pilot becomes the runner and the runner becomes the pilot. another option is to have a RC Car stand in for the runner with a target (piece of foam or cardboard) attached to make it a little easier

Well,

i'd love to see that. Dangerous situations may be fun to look at, but i want the whole crew to stay uninjured ;) - so: safety first! Therefore, i'd say - to see the RC-Car solution would be pretty funny, too. Since weaponing of aircrafts is forbidden by law here in germany, i'm looking forward if the flitetest crew would agree to such a challenge, cause challenging it surely is!

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Yeah picking up this challenge would be very cool, but even though I think the rccar solution sounds kind of boring. I mean we are on FLITE test :D

Dirty_Cajun

Well,

i'd love to see that. Dangerous situations may be fun to look at, but i want the whole crew to stay uninjured ;) - so: safety first! Therefore, i'd say - to see the RC-Car solution would be pretty funny, too. Since weaponing of aircrafts is forbidden by law here in germany, i'm looking forward if the flitetest crew would agree to such a challenge, cause challenging it surely is!

actually paintball is a sport here in america and is quite safe. all the runner needs is a mask to protect the face and long sleve shirt and pants. most you would get is a welt where you got hit "i would know i play.... alot..."

Chanesaw

the King of Crash
I think you should try making some aa too using airsoft/paintball guns. (I know its been done before but it was unorganized.)