Coming Soon - A helping hand for the noob

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
One thing that's going to be huge with getting started and choosing a first plane is control schemes. To start, you should go over the terminology and how the different control surfaces differ in what way. As a beginner, I used to call all of them "flaps" or just "control surfaces",. It is very helpful for a beginner to know the difference between elevator, rudder, elevons, and ailerons, where they are located, what their functions are, and how each affects the plane during flight and on what axis.

They should also know the difference between pitch, roll, and yaw, and how these forces interact, such as combining roll and yaw with dihedral for a R.E.T. plane. This should extend in to how that applies to RC control schemes; 3ch and 4ch, covering the different 3ch variations a beginner will likely encounter and how they handle differently. Cover R.E.T. and its use of dihedrals to couple roll and yaw, cover A.E.T "yank and bank" and full roll control, and how that differs from R.E.T., and also cover regular elevons and V tail elevons, how they differ, and how they do the job of both ailerons and elevator, requiring two channels whereas ailerons take up one.

This is all very basic, but very technical stuff that I think is extremely helpful to know.
Episode 2 covers terminology and ends with setup types.

New Release!: AviationRCNoob Episode 1 - Getting Started
i1R2P5Qx