Comments about the FT “Fight for Your Right for Flight!” video with Trappy

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Have you guys read the comments posted on this video's YouTube page? There seems to be quite a bit of hostility directed at Trappy. I noticed FT didn't allow comments to be posted on the FT site for this specific video. What are your thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLm9X1Nyw6E

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I think getting mad at Trappy is only going to be counterproductive. He isn't the reason the FAA is stupid. We need to present a united front since the proposed changes will affect all aspects of the hobby, not only FPV. Once everyone understands that, maybe we can get enough people to make our voice heard.

Jaxx

Honestly, I was very surprised to see him in this video. I feel like his attitude/behavior is somewhat inconsistent with many of the things that FT stands for. Personally, I don't think he is solely to blame for the predicament that we are currently in, but I do believe that some of his videos, and the “actual or perceived” unsafe/irresponsible actions displayed in them, have only served to add fuel to the fire. For this reason, I can understand why so many people are upset. Either way, it brings attention to the fact that we need to make our voices heard.

Last edited:

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Like him or not, Trappy is an authority on the matter because he and his legal team have actually been in the courtroom and have dealt with the FAA. They are the only ones to successfully beat the FAA at this, unlike the doughnut shop up north, or Amazon, or for that matter, my own employer which is being hocked by FAA insanity. Kindof ironic seeing as how I joined this site mainly in the interest of gaining quad knowledge related to what I do for a living...:rolleyes:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
The latest podcast he was in was quite interesting too, for example he explains why he is not mad about being called the black sheep.

Jaxx

I think getting mad at Trappy is only going to be counterproductive. He isn't the reason the FAA is stupid. We need to present a united front since the proposed changes will affect all aspects of the hobby, not only FPV. Once everyone understands that, maybe we can get enough people to make our voice heard.

I don't know that I would go as far as calling the FAA stupid. I don't think this issue has been well researched/thought through on the part of the FAA, but I believe they have good intentions. It's something new, and they don't know how to deal with it, so they do what they know best, and create restrictive rules. The only way to come to a solution that works for people on both sides, is to work together.

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
I don't think this issue has been well researched/thought through on the part of the FAA, but I believe they have good intentions.

You clearly haven't ever worked with the FAA. Air traffic controllers are about the only people in the FAA I trust to have good intentions. The folks at the top seem to enjoy throwing their power around and participating in gross cronyism with the airlines.

Jaxx

You clearly haven't ever worked with the FAA. Air traffic controllers are about the only people in the FAA I trust to have good intentions. The folks at the top seem to enjoy throwing their power around and participating in gross cronyism with the airlines.

If this is true, it's an unfortunate thing.