Solved compability question(question at bottom)

THADUDE

I am just getting into the hobby and was planning on building the FT VersaCopter 280- V2 -Quad Kit. However I can not find the power pack that is used for it. I found the the Versacopter V1 that it used power pack E, I can not find that power pack. If there are any power packs that I could use as a substitute for power pack E or if there is a parts list somewhere describing what is needed to build the VersaCopter V2. I have not purchased anything yet and I was just hoping that I could get information here about what to get and somewhat how to make it work.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
The Versacopter was my first build, back in 2016. Things have progressed rapidly since then; current frames, motors and flight controllers are so much better now that I'd recommend against the versa.

THADUDE

thank you for the recommendation, do you have any recommendations for a quadcopter that i should be looking for.
The Versacopter was my first build, back in 2016. Things have progressed rapidly since then; current frames, motors and flight controllers are so much better now that I'd recommend against the versa.

FDS

Elite member
TBS Source One frame, at least an F4 flight controller, there’s tons of ESC choice, plus mid price camera like a Caddx Ratel or Foxeer Predator and VTX. Motors are just a matter of budget.
You are likely to need about $150 in parts. Lots of builds on YouTube, Joshua Bardwell just did a beginner build, his are usually really balanced.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
There are so many options these days, and TBH I haven't kept up on what's new and exciting. There are tons of pre-built packages to choose from now that take the guesswork away and simplify the process which is probably good if you're just getting started.

The best place to start in my opinion is in a simulator. Get yourself a decent radio and Velocidrone or Liftoff and spare whatever copter you do start with the inevitable 10000 crashes that prelude controlled flight :D

FDS

Elite member
Look for something you like with documentation or build videos you can understand, that’s what I did on my first build.

FDS

Elite member
That will work great, the Jumper is a superb TX. It also does a huge range of radio protocols so can be used for almost any manufacturers receivers. Be aware that Open TX is a moderately steep learning curve. There’s lots of videos on how to set up transmitters etc in Open TX, dig around for ones that make sense to you.
You will need a compatible receiver to go with the quad, TBS don’t sell them, get an XM+ FRsky receiver, those are easy to wire and reliable.

THADUDE

That will work great, the Jumper is a superb TX. It also does a huge range of radio protocols so can be used for almost any manufacturers receivers. Be aware that Open TX is a moderately steep learning curve. There’s lots of videos on how to set up transmitters etc in Open TX, dig around for ones that make sense to you.
You will need a compatible receiver to go with the quad, TBS don’t sell them, get an XM+ FRsky receiver, those are easy to wire and reliable.
will this work https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5INCBH/?tag=lstir-20 ?

THADUDE

image0.jpg