Concept 60 Gas Helicopter

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Hey, it looks like the last post on the glow heli page was 2yrs ago! Time to change that! Lately I've been getting my glow fueled airplanes ready for this season and I came across my concept 60 heli that hasn't been flown yet. I received it Last year from a club member that used to fly for kyosho. I fixed it up last fall and never got around to getting it in the air. So with in this next month or so, I'll be getting this beast back up in the air where it belongs!
(Excuse the messy bench, this picture was taken before I knew the concept of cleaning)
IMG_20200603_161707294.jpg

flyingkelpie

Elite member
Hey, it looks like the last post on the glow heli page was 2yrs ago! Time to change that! Lately I've been getting my glow fueled airplanes ready for this season and I came across my concept 60 heli that hasn't been flown yet. I received it Last year from a club member that used to fly for kyosho. I fixed it up last fall and never got around to getting it in the air. So with in this next month or so, I'll be getting this beast back up in the air where it belongs!
(Excuse the messy bench, this picture was taken before I knew the concept of cleaning) View attachment 196214
My neighbor who lives a kilometer away :LOL: (yes I do live far out) has a heli like this but OLD. Wooden prop and dust all over it. He's got whole bunch of old planes and some real cool new ones some of which are very dusty. Is that fiberglass prop or CF? As for your bench you haven't seen bad lol!

L Edge

Master member
Welcome to a different world of flying.

Have the Kyosho guy tune the chopper for you . It will save you "crash money" and shorten time to learn. Our first chopper was a Cricket.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Welcome to a different world of flying.

Have the Kyosho guy tune the chopper for you . It will save you "crash money" and shorten time to learn. Our first chopper was a Cricket.
I've already him look it over after I did the repairs and it checked out. He also gave me a ton of parts for it! I have a good feeling that this heli will be a piece of cake to fly.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
I've already him look it over after I did the repairs and it checked out. He also gave me a ton of parts for it! I have a good feeling that this heli will be a piece of cake to fly.
Also, I've been flying helis for a few years now and can definitely say that the bigger they are the easier they fly (unless you're cheating with safe). I figured that out when I switched from a blade 400 to a trex 500, what a difference. I can't imagine how easy this thing will be!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
(Excuse the messy bench, this picture was taken before I knew the concept of cleaning) View attachment 196214
yea personally i wouldn't post a pic of my workshop... the health department might come and clean it up... then i wouldn't know where anything is:ROFLMAO:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Also, I've been flying helis for a few years now and can definitely say that the bigger they are the easier they fly (unless you're cheating with safe). I figured that out when I switched from a blade 400 to a trex 500, what a difference. I can't imagine how easy this thing will be!
i have a concept idea for a foamboard electric helicopter made from standard plane parts.... it should be interesting

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
It was Captain Blockers before he went to the navy, and it seemed to work well for him. It was from an old helicopter that I got a few years ago and changed the rx and tx which I gave to him.
I can say that it has great ergonomics
captain blocker....??
cool i was looking at them and they are pretty darn cheap.... $20-$30 for one with an RX

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
captain blocker....??
cool i was looking at them and they are pretty darn cheap.... $20-$30 for one with an RX
I don't know if I would trust them. If I were you, Id look into getting a second hand fm computer radio like a futaba, or just a second hand well known radio. I still sometimes use a futaba 9ch that is a 72mhz and its great. I've also seen 72mhz for free at swap meets. I've used second hand/hand-me-down radio gear up until a few years ago when I could get the money to fund my addiction. Just remember we all have to start somewhere.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
My neighbor who lives a kilometer away :LOL: (yes I do live far out) has a heli like this but OLD. Wooden prop and dust all over it. He's got whole bunch of old planes and some real cool new ones some of which are very dusty. Is that fiberglass prop or CF? As for your bench you haven't seen bad lol!
They're dusty fiberglass. Although I did have a heli that had wooden blades and it flew great!