Configuring a FrSky S6R receiver via STK & a PC - possible?

GazpachoZen

I decided I needed some extra help piloting a fixed wing build and opted to try the S6R. I'm discovering though that doing the config is MUCH trickier expected. I've been following a long mix of URLs and YouTubes, many of which reference software that no longer seems to exist and links that are broken on the FrSky site.

I was originally excited to see that a USB to S-Port converter existed (the STK), and have been able to use that combo to download the latest FW for the S6R, but the adventure seems to have stopped there. What's the best route to follow from here? Many of the YouTubes and docs seem to show a nice PC program that would let me config the S6R, but for the life of me I can't find that program anywhere.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
If you upgrade to OpenTx + LUA scripts, there is a scripts included for calibration and config of SxR's. I haven't played with them, but I see them on my radio ;)

This video series is geared towards the betaflight lua script for multirotors, but the first episode is all about upgrading the taranis to use lua. I believe the SxR scripts come with the new version of OpenTx.

GazpachoZen

If you upgrade to OpenTx + LUA scripts, there is a scripts included for calibration and config of SxR's. [...]

Thank you.
I've seen the LUA scripts and will probably end up going down this path, but I'm still curious what my options are with respect to actually using my PC and the STK that I bought specifically for this purpose. Any thoughts there?