Conflicting info between shop and video Correct Motor for Baby Blender ?

gr8-balls-of-fire

gr8-balls-of-fire
The baby blender product page said - Power Pack C
Power Pack C page said 2215/09 motor
Bought the motor 2215/09

Started the Baby Blender build.
The video on Baby Blender product page says 2826 1200KV !!

NOW which is correct?
Do i return the motors and get a 2826 1200 motor ?

Does the ESC and Battery also change?
This is turning out to be expensive & waste of money - because of conflicting information...

Last time there was a similar confusion about the battery - 3S or 4S... (That was sorted...Thanks)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Gr8,

Relax. You haven't gone as far astray as you think you have. It's all going to work.

The EMAX GT2215 and the NTM 2826-1200 are fairly close in power and weight. Either will pull an FTBB through the air without a care. The discrepancy is history -- FT Flight packs didn't exist when the Baby Blender was created. Looking at the packs, either a B or C pack will work, but the B is on the small side, so the C is a better fit.

The 2215 is a bit beefier, so you're not in bad shape picking that one. They run almost the same KV, so the GT2215 can throw a longer prop, but slap the same prop on it and the current draw and thrust will be about the same -- throw a longer prop on it and your current goes up, but the motor can take it, so long as your ESC can too. If you went with the C-pack ESC (30A), you can throw the longer prop without any trouble.

As far as battery . . . the "universal" battery size is a 3S 2200mAh. Plenty of other battery sizes, some better suited to specific airframes, but you'll be surprised how many planes gravitate to this size. For either of these motors on an FTBB, that's the size I'd recommend.

gr8-balls-of-fire

gr8-balls-of-fire
Thanks a bunch !!
Thats a Relief !!

I actually bought two motors...
Since want to do multiple builds...

Guessing i will have a favourite and then other I will keep swapping...
Will post images once done.

Thanks a bunch again...