Conflicting Power Specs for Cub

beacon

The Simple Cub is made to use the B Power Pack, which includes a 2213 X 935 Kv motor. However, the specs for the plane say to use a "370 Size, 1200kV Minimum." Which is correct? And, which is better for a novice flier?
Also, what is a 370 size motor?

FDS

Elite member
If you are swinging a 10x4 prop on 3s then a 2215 1100kv motor might be better. Are you buying a power pack with your cub or making one up off eBay? If you haven’t built anything before buy a Power Pack, the extra money will be saved in less trouble in getting all your electronics right and having a simpler first build.

beacon

Right now i have a 2213 X 935Kv motor on the plane. I'm away from the plane, so I can't tell you what prop I have on it. But just to add to the confusion the B Power Pack comes with a 9X4.5 and a 10X4.5 prop. Plus the specs call out for a 8X4.5. Which one is right?

FDS

Elite member
It depends on what battery voltage you are using, faster RPM comes from more volts, which puts a bigger load on the motor with a bigger prop, so if you were running 3s you might go with the smaller prop.
I would fly it on the 10x4, I have found that makes plenty of thrust on 3s and is fairly efficient. It will fly on both props but with the lower Kv the bigger prop will work best.

Last edited: