Confused one!

Griz12

I recently downloaded the FT Mini Old Fogey and built it. The confusion comes to when I built the power pod. The motor mount for the standard swappable is too large, and the one for the minis is too small. Anubody have any suggestions?

Foamforce

I recently downloaded the FT Mini Old Fogey and built it. The confusion comes to when I built the power pod. The motor mount for the standard swappable is too large, and the one for the minis is too small. Anubody have any suggestions?

Yup, it’s a new size. I made one. If you have the tools, it’s pretty easy to make a firewall from 3/32” plywood (hard to find) or 1/8” plywood. Another option that I used on a different mini was to use a piece of credit card for the firewall, backed with a piece of foam. The screws have plenty of grip in the credit card material.

hankflies03

I used the mini motor mount and glued it to the inside of the power pod instead of on the front

Griz12

Yup, it’s a new size. I made one. If you have the tools, it’s pretty easy to make a firewall from 3/32” plywood (hard to find) or 1/8” plywood. Another option that I used on a different mini was to use a piece of credit card for the firewall, backed with a piece of foam. The screws have plenty of grip in the credit card material.
It's always good to know I'm not going crazy! Thanks for keeping me sane. Thanks for the great tips.