Connecting motor to ESC?

davis53

This is a Flight Test A power pack. What motor leads connect to the ESC, or how do identify what motor leads connect to which ESC lead?? 20180212_092540.jpg

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
Connect up the three as show. Plug in a bound receiver to the ESC’s servo plug. Turn on your radio. Plug in a battery to the esc battery plug. Give it a little throttle and test which way the motor is spinning. If it’s spinning the wrong direction, unplug the battery and switch any two of the motor lead wires.

Check these out:

Last edited:

Aero_Knight

When you figure out the correct ways to hook up, mark the cables with colored zip ties, markers or labels. Won't get mixed up afterwards but like said above, always do a quick test before every flight. My old motors and ESCs were color coded and sat connected together for 10 years unused. I pulled them out of storage and set everything up and the motor went reverse on me. No idea what would cause it to do that but it was a good thing I checked LOL.

Mode 1

So, that picture brings up a good point that i've been trying to figure out. Are the bullet connectors smaller on the A pack ESC than the C pack ESC? I bought two "A" motors only to discover their bullet connectors are too small for the spare ESC I have.

Mode 1

When you figure out the correct ways to hook up, mark the cables with colored zip ties, markers or labels. Won't get mixed up afterwards but like said above, always do a quick test before every flight. My old motors and ESCs were color coded and sat connected together for 10 years unused. I pulled them out of storage and set everything up and the motor went reverse on me. No idea what would cause it to do that but it was a good thing I checked LOL.

Per the motor being reversed.. I've had that happen too. I didn't disconnect anything, just fired it up for another flight and it was spinning the wrong way.