CONTEST!!!! Build a STOL Bush Plane.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Out of all the forums I've been involved with, Flite Test has to be the most enjoyable. Guess there is just something about this hobby that has so much to give. Trucks are cool but its not always a family thing. RC aircraft is the complete opposite!

Liemavick

Mentor
Crash, Flite Test is a refreshing change from most other forums. I give a lot of credit to Flying Monkey for keeping this place friendly. There is a wealth of knowledge here as you have experienced and opinions seem welcome even if its from a lesser experienced RC pilot (me). What I find amazing and a credit to the sport his how many younger pilots are on the forum and they keep it real. When was the last time you had someone in their teens give you good advice with no attitude? LOL No offense guys, you know who you are.

As far as Im concerned if your plane can land or take off from Alaska your in the contest! A polar bear drop would be awesome of course, just do it on the low down so PETA doesn't start sending half naked ladies wrapped in bloody fur in protest. on second thought...:)

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
That's the best part, the youngsters that first are allowed on a computer to post, but to see hear and read what they do.

earthsciteach

This is by far the most welcoming forum I have found. I truly enjoy the people on here. As much as I like to pick on him (although, he usually starts it), Fred does do a fantastic job. He puts a lot of thought into how interactions and involvement can be improved with forum members. This contest is an example. When we were discussing this, I had very specific rules in mind in terms of wingspan, power systems, etc. This pains me so, but FM was right to say, "just build something that looks like a bush plane!"

I believe this is the first "contest" that has gotten off the ground (rimshot, please). Its great to see the involvement that it has generated. Now, what are we going to do next???

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I believe this is the first "contest" that has gotten off the ground (rimshot, please). Its great to see the involvement that it has generated. Now, what are we going to do next???

Anybody can start their own contest whenever they want.

My next one... Will require some creative use of a video camera.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
The list of entries is growing, sometimes against the contestant's will... List is updated in first post.