Control horns template?

Villalji

Scratch build fan
Does anyone know where to find a file with the control horns template? Living in Europe we can not afford orderig the parts from the store, but I would like to cut them from plywood, and I love the desig they came up with. Any file format woul do fine, thanks!

Villalji

Scratch build fan
Thanks, I remember going through the rcgroups tread not too long ago... And I have used many materials for my control horns, but what I'm looking for is the exact shape and size of the control horns Flitetest sells in the store, DIY curiosity if you want...
They give the plane designs, and templates for firewalls and so, but i could not find the horns...it would be sooo nice

Last edited:

hotwax

Hi Villalji,

maybe my personel templates are okay?

Werner

Attachments

• Rudderhorns.pdf
    81.3 KB · Views: 3,117

squishy

Pirate ParkFlyer
Dude....buy a box of Popsicle sticks...cut the end of a Popsicle stick off, drill a hole, glue into foam...any questions? How much time do you need to spend on a control horn?

Villalji

Scratch build fan
No questions Sir, if you read carefully, we are not trying to just make a control horn, but a good looking and good performer piece.
In my case I use old credit cards, much better (and cheaper) than your suggestion, but thanks anyway for dropping by. Note also that since this is a hobby, we do not spend time on doing it, we enjoy the time doing them, today I did 8 new control horns, good for 2 more planes.

hotwax

Dude....buy a box of Popsicle sticks...cut the end of a Popsicle stick off, drill a hole, glue into foam...any questions? How much time do you need to spend on a control horn?

No chance, we are Germans .....:black_eyed:

squishy

Pirate ParkFlyer
lol, dang Germans...always over engineering everything...well, that's ok, you guys make some good stuff because of that...I'm a quick and dirty builder, function over form any day...plus I'm really lazy and I like popsicles...

frankmale

Posting Elsewhere
thank you guys,that really helps ,the speed build kit is not availiable here,have to cut it by myself.
Thanks you.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
You can use the cut off ends of your zip ties for control horns. They are small and work pretty good. Or cut horns out of gift cards. Make sure they are no good first

jw423

Dirrect scan of FT control Horns

FT Control Horn Sheet.jpg

Here is a copy of the FT Control Horns.

GhstWlf

I found the control horn template in the FT Explorer and FT Bronco plans on sheet/page 4
The FT Bronco seems to be most complete as it contains the Swappable Firewall, the FT Elements Simple Firewall and the Control Horn template.

Last edited: