Controller signal interfering whit fpv signal.

Gatormurica

I have an f450 kiss rig and I have had some bad fpv video. At first, I thought it was vibrations from the motors. I got new motors and soft mounts for my camera and motors and that helped. However, when I turn on my radio on, my fpv video gets all weird.

Could I have the wrong antenna on my goggles?
Could it be a signal overlap? I have a 5 gig fpv transmitter as well as a Taranis 2.4 gig.
Could it be from the wire going from the camera to my transmitter and the signal getting out of whack?

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
Just to clarify, the quad powered up with the Taranis off = good video? Then if you turn on the Taranis the video starts breaking up?

How is your camera and VTX wired (power and ground)? You’ll want to be sure your camera and VTX share the same ground, otherwise you can introduce noise through what’s called a “ground loop.”

Last edited:

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Generally 2.4 and 5.8 play really nicely together, but you do want to be careful with your wire routing. Keeping the video signal wires away from high current conductors (battery and ESC wires) is essential.

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
So you’re powering the video transmitter off the 5V rail on the radio receiver? You may be pulling too many amps.

Can the camera and VTX take straight battery voltage? If so, that’s likely your best option.