Convair F2Y Sea Dart

ColdCanuck

Build'em, Crash'em
Would like to see this amphibious supersonic fighter aircraft join the FT Hangar!!!!

Attachments

• Sea Dart.jpg
    Sea Dart.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 0

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Would like to see this amphibious supersonic fighter aircraft join the FT Hangar!!!!
I'm afraid the picture is a bit tiny. If you want to build and fly it though, then DO IT!! You've got a picture you say is an amphibious, supersonic fighter, and you are asking if we want to see your build fly??!! Yes. Yes we do!

Amphibious. It goes under water, like a submarine. Supersonic. It breaks the sound barrier. Fighter? It's got guns!

It's faster than sound, can fly underwater and it has guns. It's pretty difficult to get cooler than that!(y)(y)

Two thumbs up from me. Just make it fly underwater and take off again and you've got my vote for the coolest build EVER! :)

b-29er

I'm afraid the picture is a bit tiny. If you want to build and fly it though, then DO IT!! You've got a picture you say is an amphibious, supersonic fighter, and you are asking if we want to see your build fly??!! Yes. Yes we do!

Amphibious. It goes under water, like a submarine. Supersonic. It breaks the sound barrier. Fighter? It's got guns!

It's faster than sound, can fly underwater and it has guns. It's pretty difficult to get cooler than that!(y)(y)

Two thumbs up from me. Just make it fly underwater and take off again and you've got my vote for the coolest build EVER! :)
Sea-Dart-Test-In-Water1.jpg

The seadart was, i believe, the only supersonic seaplane to exist. If you check on RCGroups, a guy made a depron version back when i was in high school. I was for a bit, but abandoned it due to complexity and lack of information. Its a very neat plane, there were actually two versions, one with a single, high-angle ski (pictured) and a version with a pair of low-angle skis, though, depending on how you build it, you may not need the skis, as the depron version abandons them entirely.

Oh, you're thinking submersible. Amphibious means lands on water or land. This guy doesn't do that, at least, not intentionally...

Vimana89

Legendary member
Those skis are a bit ungainly on that little thing and cause a lot of drag if they don't retract. The single ski version would be more feasible, even if not retracted, and look very cool. This is a great project though, sea planes seem to be popular with the build your own crowd, why not a delta? Not much water where I live, but I imagine this would be fun.