converted pylon racer

Dazzy

Hey @bracesport I hope Im not hijacking your post and since your just across the ditch, when your building with foam what brand do you use and where do you get it from?

bracesport

Legendary member
@Dazzy - I mostly use DTFB (Adams) - Uncle Bills stocks it ( I think they are an Aussy Company? I also use another one from the art supply shop but I don't know the brand (it has a card surface rather than a paper surface so is slightly stiffer and heavier) - all foam board flies in my experience! :)

shadeyB

Legendary member
A bit more progress - yes I used my micro cable ties again, however this time I used a slightly beefier one given this ship is more of a beast - remember to ‘V’ the centre with a blunt chisel for the folding point.

Drilled the pilot holes and glued the cable ties into the flap side - added some blocks with CA to pack the wing side.

View attachment 173028 View attachment 173030
Absolutely love it
All this time I’ve been buying hinges while I have a pile of zip ties on ma shel staring at me lol
Nice work, looking forward to maiden

bracesport

Legendary member
a small job to make up the charging rig for the battery - next, fit the pitot speed sensor and sort out the battery selection and CG - I glued washers under the wing from the previous CG setup so it should be a relatively simple task.

IMG_9683.JPG

bracesport

Legendary member
I also got this monster down off the wall to give it some TLC - the charge plug has been playing up and I found the contacts just needed realignment - I am not exactly sure where the CG should be, but I will use some external weights to tweak it - now I just need to reprogram the OPEN TX file to suit my X-lite Pro Tx.

20220410_171029.jpg