converting tricopter parts to a mini quadcopter need help

cbfdog24

I recently crashed a Fortis Airframes TITAN Tricopter and the frame is completely broken. All the electronics still work fine so i want to use them to build a mini quadcoter for fpv racing. But I don't have enough money to buy a whole new set of electronics. So my issue is I don't know if the motors and the esc will work on a mini quad.
Here is the list of electronics.
-Sunny Sky x2212-9 Kv:1400 II Motors (three, i will have to buy 1 more) (too big???)
-30 Amp esc Ready to fly quads.com (three, will buy 1 more)
-kk2.1.5 flight control board
-3s 11.1v 3000mAh 30C LiPo battery
-orange r615x 2.4GHz receiver

P.S.- i already have a 3d printed quad frame the Hovership MHQ2

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
Unfortunately, those motors and that battery are probably not going to work well on a mini quad. The motors have too low of a KV rating for props small enough for a mini, and the battery is much too heavy. Most minis use motors somewhere in the 2000 KV range and batteries around 1300 mAh.

cbfdog24

thanks

Unfortunately, those motors and that battery are probably not going to work well on a mini quad. The motors have too low of a KV rating for props small enough for a mini, and the battery is much too heavy. Most minis use motors somewhere in the 2000 KV range and batteries around 1300 mAh.

ok so i have a 1350mAh 3s 11.1v will that work with the 2000kv motors and would the 30 Amp esc work too

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
ok so i have a 1350mAh 3s 11.1v will that work with the 2000kv motors and would the 30 Amp esc work too

That battery will be fine. The ESCs might be a little overkill, but they should work fine.

The most popular motor size for minis is probably 2204 2300 KV if you're looking for motors. There are a lot of options out there.