Cool Ways to Detail Ft Planes!

This Mighty Mini DR-1 is a Flite Test plane I detailed using Black poster board and sharpie markers. I have found this method to be particularly useful for drawing the German Cross on white foam board.

Attachments

• 1EEA43E7-0AF3-48EF-84BE-56FFA337EF96.jpeg
    1EEA43E7-0AF3-48EF-84BE-56FFA337EF96.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 9F4BDB9D-FA71-4FDB-89FF-419195196208.jpeg
    9F4BDB9D-FA71-4FDB-89FF-419195196208.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Thanks for the welcome! Yes I have come across it. I used the Mighty mini Scout skin that he has. I used too much wood glue to bond the skin to the plane so, it was a little heavy but it still looked great!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I have only decorates two plane builds so far. One was full on paint job and the other is just sticker bombed.

Final 1.jpg

FT3d 1.jpg

Another way I saw on the Flite Test Bushwhacker and Explorer is using masking tape and paint to make stripes. This Racer I decorated using 99 cent black spay paint from wallmart.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

MafcoDesigns

This was my first attempt done in Adobe Illustrator, printed in large format at Staples, cut out and spray glued to the foam board, and covered with clear packing tape. It was kind of complicated, I think I like the Sharpie way better!
Starchaser resize.jpg
I call it the Starchaser!

kdobson83

IMG_20180419_045340_01.jpg
Here a Blunt Nose I did with a rattle can and panters tape. The stars were painters tape cut out using a template and a knife.

And here's an arrow I did the same way. The decal was printed with my regular inkjet printer. I covered it with packing tape and carefully cut it out with scissors and xacto knife. Just two of my favorites.
IMG_20180419_045343_01.jpg

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I'll need to get a picture of my mini scout and mustang I painted a while back. Will update when I get pics.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Holy crap those mustangs are gorgeous! What paint did you use to get that silver?

I'd also like to know how you got such a good silver finish.

This is my gang. Using Rustoleum rattle cans from Home Depot. White stripes (Diamonds, Bloody Baron) were masked in before painting. Colored stripes (modified Racer, FT Trainer) are colored duct tape. Bloody Baron black highlights were done using a sharpie.

IMG_3350.JPG

Hey guys i just use a chrome spray paint and then spray it with some (crystal clear enamel made by rustolium) to dull it out a bit. Or don't use the clear coat if you want it shinny.