Help! CorelDRAW X3 and FT Plans

StevenMaxwell

Hi everyone! First post from an RC airplane newbie. Super excited about FliteTest and what they're doing!

Anyone have any direction they can point me in to get the FT plans into CorelDRAW X3 and Windows 7? I know it's old stuff, but it's what I have access to. I'm trying to open the full-size plans for the Corsair and it tells me the file is corrupted. I'm assuming it doesn't like all the sheets in one file. I'm assuming it will open if I can get one sheet at a time. Corel and CorelDRAW don't seem to produce many results in the search function. If you can just point me in a better direction, I'm happy to do the research. Thank you!

Innaviation

Welcome to the forums!

I'm not familiar with bringing FT planes into CorelDraw X3 but if your just looking to open them and modify a few things Inkscape is a great free software that opens FT plans easily

StevenMaxwell

Both. I've got a friend with a CNC laser cutter. The CorelDRAW program is what he's using. It's an older program that I'm having to use an old version of Windows to run. Trying to figure out how to get the FT plans into the CorelDRAW program so I can laser cut them. I'd also like to play with the overall size.

cabgraphics

Both. I've got a friend with a CNC laser cutter. The CorelDRAW program is what he's using. It's an older program that I'm having to use an old version of Windows to run. Trying to figure out how to get the FT plans into the CorelDRAW program so I can laser cut them. I'd also like to play with the overall size.
Hi, Sometimes what happens is when a file is created in a newer version of a program it cant be opened in an older version even when its converted to a pdf or eps or whatever. If you email me the pdf's I'll open them and save them down to match your version of corel. Cabgraphics2017@gmail.com I'm happy to help.

StevenMaxwell

I just sent the email over to you. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking a look. I figured out a way to get the plans drawn up in Corel (I described it in the email) but it's horribly slow. Thanks again!

cabgraphics

Hi Steve, The lowest version I can save down to is Corel 11, I guess the other versions aren't supported anymore. The files themselves had multiple layers of just nothing on top of them, I'm not sure if that's a file conversion issue or what but I deleted them. I have worked for 10 plus years cutting on a CNC router so I'm kinda familiar with the process but every brand name had there own set up as well as cutting programs. We use enrout, one thing I see with these files is I don't think they were created in corel. I think they are something similar to indesign, a 3-D drawing program that doesn't draw continues lines but segments, you'll see what I mean when you open the files. Routing a file like that causes it to stop at every node I'm not sure how a laser responds if will be the same or not. I'll email you the files back but let me know if you can't open them. I'm still a little worried you won't be able to open them.

StevenMaxwell

I really appreciate your efforts. You didn't have to do that, so thank you! The file I sent you is what I downloaded directly from FliteTest. I'm so new to this that I'm honestly fumbling around until something works. I know that the CorelDraw X3 is pretty old. It works for what my friend uses it for and he doesn't have a reason to change. I was just trying to use what I have access to. I've got no issues drawing out my own plans from scratch or even tracing (sort of) over existing drawings, but it's super time consuming the way I'm doing it. I'm sure there are better ways, but this is what I have figured out on my own. Again, thank you very much for your help. I'll keep at it and see what I can come up with.