Cormorant II

Cormorant II 1.2.1

Please log in to download

Pieliker96

Elite member
Pieliker96 submitted a new resource:

Cormorant II - A Twin-Engine Transport Plane with Fowler Flaps and Drooperons

The Cormorant II uses twin F pack and a 2250 3s which gives it a aerobatically-oriented thrust-to-weight ratio. It can be configured with optional Fowler Flaps and Drooperons, which enhance slow flight and roll rate respectively. It uses 5 sheets of DTFB. For ongoing developments and more information, visit its main forum thread. Build instructions can be found in this...

Read more about this resource...

Pieliker96

Elite member
Pieliker96 updated Cormorant II with a new update entry:

Added optional skis and improved battery tray

The plans for the skis have been added, check the build log for guidance on how to build them (they're rather simple). A cutout was made in one of the fuselage formers to allow the battery to be moved further back. The battery tray has been improved as well, as it now has holes for another battery strap. The existing holes were repositioned to allow easier access. Some small coloring errors were fixed as well.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Pieliker96

Elite member
could I possibly use this as a first or second plane?
I wouldn't recommend it, no. The Cormorant II wasn't designed as a training aircraft and doesn't perform as one - it can be quite fast in the air and has much more control authority than a trainer for aerobatic purposes. In my opinion, you'd be much better off with a single-engine trainer with more docile handling (ex. FT Scout/Cub)