Coronavirus...are you still going to fly?

Is Coronavirus going to stop you from flying?

• Yes...gotta play it safe to protect myself and others

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No...no way, you can't stop me from flying!

Votes: 37 100.0%

• Total voters

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I have been flying today for the first time since the lock down measures started. The good thing is that we are still allowed to go outside and practice sport or go for a walk as along as we are either alone or only together with those from our familiy living in the same household... and for sure keeping distance to others. Nevertheless I went in the very early morning to avoid coming across too many people, but in the end there were not so many that went for a walk in the fields at that time. So perfectly safe for myself and others.
What should I say, it felt great to fly again and be out there in the silent nature. This will help getting the energy for what is still in front of us.
Stay safe and take care!

View attachment 163583
Awesome pic! Looks like a mini guinea - is it? I love that bird!

messyhead

I'm itching to get flying. I'm waiting to get a trainer cable made so I can fly with my son. I found an old farm field nearby, and it's perfect. But I'm now worried about going out with the lock down on.

I'll be out in a field away from everyone else, either on my own, or with my son. But people have been getting shamed in the UK for being out, and I don't want that to happen.

My brother works in a care home for kids with autism and conditions like that. Some of the kids have pretty challenging behaviour. So two carers took one boy for a walk yesterday. And a woman out jogging had a go at them and said it was unnecessary. Like jogging is necessary. But this lock down is bringing out the worst in some people.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Here's my day... socially distanced as I can be... at least 5 Miles from the nearest human, not 10 people within a 20 mile radius... I may or may not have flown beyond LOS today...
20200330_153641.jpg

Pedro Martin

We should not fly due to COVID-19. All the places where we work in groups have closed. So staying at home is good for all.

Last edited:

"Corpse"

Legendary member
We should not fly due to COVID-19. All the places where we work in groups have closed. So staying at home is good for all.
How is flying by yourself hurting anyone?
I'm still going to fly, and if someone comes up to watch they accept the risk of catching Covid. We all have freedom to do as we please, just like you have freedom to stay home.