Corrugated Cardboard Glider or a plane made with other household materials?

Neal

Hi, I've thrown a bit of money into the ground with RC and got nothing but wreckage. I'd like to get started again with something I can make and repair easily and cheaply. I've got a lot of corrugated cardboard lying around from moving. I know it's a pretty terrible material for builds, but I'd like to get a handle on making planes before I go out and buy posterboard and the like. I've got some tacky glue, which seems to work pretty well on cardboard. Are there any plans I should start with?

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Technically the FT Flyer is based off of the Blue Dart and the Blue Dart is a free flight model. It's a simple build, so it won't be hard to figure out how to make one out of cardboard. If it works as a fly flight model, throw a motor on it and see how she flies radio controlled.

Neal

I'll do that. I might salvage a junk RC car for the two-channel radio for elevator/rudder but I'm concerned about the servo I'd connect to what normally powers the wheels. What happens when most servos hit their limit but are still receiving power? I don't want to fry one on accident.