Corsair/Mustang - FT Mighty Minis

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
Anyone else flying one of these FPV? I built and maidened my Mustang yesterday and will likely fly it mostly LOS but plan on making a second canopy piece with one of the micro camera/VTXs on it so I can just swap it out super easy. I will share details as I do it.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
Anyone else flying one of these FPV? I built and maidened my Mustang yesterday and will likely fly it mostly LOS but plan on making a second canopy piece with one of the micro camera/VTXs on it so I can just swap it out super easy. I will share details as I do it.

would stick it on the tail, not the canopy.

just my $.02,

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
started "Bunny" yesterday. i am lucky enough to know Stephen (Rasterize), the guy who does all the cool skins for all the FT planes.

got this printed the other day and will start build tomorrow-ish? (don't mind the custom FT Dart pieces thrown in that he did for me...)

20180601_172125.jpg

had another mini stang that was given to me half assembled (poorly). i literally flew the motor off it. this one will not suffer the same fate...

laters,

me :cool:

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
been dragging my feet on this one. too many pots on the the stove. swore i was going to finish today but got to the top deck and realized i messed it up when attaching the template and did the front turtle deck supports backwards. duh. but, it does look good. i moved the motor about 15mm forward because i think she will have plenty in the trunk and wanted to compensate. worst case i move it back and have 2 extra holes in my fuselage. it' ready to go, all controls surfaces are hooked up, motor, esc, receiver, all good. i will re-print the turtle deck plans tomorrow and rebuild it, then finish. cross fingers. want to maiden this along with my new custom skinned dart on saturday.

20180627_175224.jpg

laters,

me :cool:

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
After a few times touching a wing tip to a tree and then nosing in, I finally decided it was time to build a new Mini Mustang. Added some extra paper in the areas of the fuselage where the tabs from the top deck come through. I also added some wood sticks to the nose area for added strength. Ran the wire to the tail again for tail camera FPV.
IMG_20180718_121600.jpg

erad05

Sorry guys, is there a download free plan for the Mini Corsair?
I couldn't find one yet, but would love to have one and appreciate a lind.
I have bought the speed build kit and would use the plan for making replacement parts, like cowl and canopy etc....

erad05

Thank You. In the meantime I finished the Corsair and made "aerial baptism" today. The plane is extremely fast with the 2205/2600kv Motor and 3S 1000mAh Battery. Flight time up to 4 minutes.
And of course I crashed it 2 times. But it's also very sturdy!!! Some minor repairs. The Firewall broke off. But i'm very happy with it. Flyers like hell and only little up trimming on the elevator was needed. I inserted 35 grams of lead into the nose... The CG is almost precise 1.5 inches from the leading edge. Tomorrow I'll fly with less lead...
IMG_1648.jpg
IMG_1654.jpg
Firewall ripped out of power pod after landing .