Cox PT-19 for indoor RC

FlyingTyger

Elite member
IT FLIES!!!

The balance was spot on. Ground handling is terrible, but I expected that. The Monokote covered tail skid has no traction on a smooth polished basketball court... I may have to look at swapping that out for a tailwheel. Power with the vintage 6x3 prop was enough, but not much extra. I changed to a 6x4.5 for the second flight and it seemed better. Unfortunately, I flew it into a wall shortly into the second flight so I didn't have a chance to feel it out much. Damage was minimal but did ground me for the evening.

Bricks

Master member
IT FLIES!!!

The balance was spot on. Ground handling is terrible, but I expected that. The Monokote covered tail skid has no traction on a smooth polished basketball court... I may have to look at swapping that out for a tailwheel. Power with the vintage 6x3 prop was enough, but not much extra. I changed to a 6x4.5 for the second flight and it seemed better. Unfortunately, I flew it into a wall shortly into the second flight so I didn't have a chance to feel it out much. Damage was minimal but did ground me for the evening.

Try some electrical shrink tubing on your tail skid might give enough friction to be able to control ground maneuvers better.