Crash Kit

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
hey is there a good substitute for the O-rings on the prop saver cause the nearest hobby shop is 30 min away without traffic and i just lost mine at the field and my spare ones
anyway if there is can you tell me wear i can get it
it would make a very good Christmas for me

Careful when buying o-rings from auto parts and hardware stores that you don't get ones too stiff. Get the soft durometer ones.

CanDib

Holy Crash-Kit, Batman!! That thing is HUGE! I usually just carry some tape, CA, spare props, a swiss-army knife (a BIG one, with plyers to get the props off), and various battery adapters. If I tried to have a crash kit that's as big as theirs...I'd have to leave one(1) airplane at home to make room.

Wow...you guys go all out!! Of course, it helps you fly in your backyard!

-Eric

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I carry way too much gear to the field and it still seems like I break the thing I left at home lol.

aiidanwings

+1 Home Depot plumbing department. Different sizes, I think I use the #12

I've also seen where people take surgical tubing and slice pieces off of it and use them for prop saver bands. Haven't tried it though...

Surgical tubing is nearly indestructible.

This one was installed Sept. of last year and is still holding strong.

**Destroyed the plane a few days ago, which is why the motor isn't actually on a plane.

Fatoa

I've been flying for about 3 years and I have had several planes the have gotten away from me everything they mention in the crash kit I have with the exception of the receivers locator what is that and where can I get one or many?