Crash support group

shadeyB

Legendary member
Hey pilots :) some gorgeous repairs going on lol
Question about FT Edge 540 CG . i measured it as stated in the plans, tested with battery upside down and great result, just nose heavy :)
however when its in the air it seems very nose heavy and wants to dive all the time so i trimmed elevator to compensate for it.
should i measure the CG the correct way up ? ps only crashed it twice lol much to learn about 3D flying
thanks in advance
Barry

Javiester

Elite member
today I have overcome
fortunately I see that I am not alone
I will continue with the FT FLYER I have given him several blows and I have not yet had to rebuild it
It bothers me because everyone talks about TT and I have not managed to keep it in the air for more than 5 minutes

IMG_20190506_113758.jpg

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
today I have overcome
fortunately I see that I am not alone
I will continue with the FT FLYER I have given him several blows and I have not yet had to rebuild it
It bothers me because everyone talks about TT and I have not managed to keep it in the air for more than 5 minutes

View attachment 130581
The TT is a great little performer if it is set up correctly AND surprisingly it performs best with a less powerful motor than specified.
I supply them FOC to new club members and recommend the fitting of a 1400kV motor. I also help them set up both the TT and the transmitter. Using the 3 channel wing the TT can almost float around and even hover in a moderate breeze. The Sport wing requires speed in normal setup but a paddle pop stick under the wing LE allows it to fly slower and also putt around with full 4 channel control!

If you need assistance then start your own thread and let the massive experience of forum members assist you in getting your TT in the air for as long as the battery charge lasts!

Have fun!

Kendalf

My son and I buddy-boxed our mini F-22 this weekend. He's starting to get the hang of keeping track of orientation, and he thought that the F-22 was easier to fly than our previous Tiny Trainer and Mini Scout. While it's faster, it's also more nimble, which helps us avoid some (but not all!) crashes. Here's the aftermath after two hard nose-dives.
Mini F-22 Broken Nose.jpg

The funny thing is that we rubber banded the battery to the top of the plane and then got a couple more flights out of it sans nose! It was a handful as the CG was totally off, but it flew! In fact, my son got his longest single flight time to date with this nose-less F-22. The rest of the plane is pretty much intact so I just need to splice in a new nose and it will be good as new.

Javiester

Elite member
The TT is a great little performer if it is set up correctly AND surprisingly it performs best with a less powerful motor than specified.
I supply them FOC to new club members and recommend the fitting of a 1400kV motor. I also help them set up both the TT and the transmitter. Using the 3 channel wing the TT can almost float around and even hover in a moderate breeze. The Sport wing requires speed in normal setup but a paddle pop stick under the wing LE allows it to fly slower and also putt around with full 4 channel control!

If you need assistance then start your own thread and let the massive experience of forum members assist you in getting your TT in the air for as long as the battery charge lasts!

Have fun!

Thank you
I will follow your advice

Wildthing

Legendary member
My son and I buddy-boxed our mini F-22 this weekend. He's starting to get the hang of keeping track of orientation, and he thought that the F-22 was easier to fly than our previous Tiny Trainer and Mini Scout. While it's faster, it's also more nimble, which helps us avoid some (but not all!) crashes. Here's the aftermath after two hard nose-dives.
View attachment 130628

The funny thing is that we rubber banded the battery to the top of the plane and then got a couple more flights out of it sans nose! It was a handful as the CG was totally off, but it flew! In fact, my son got his longest single flight time to date with this nose-less F-22. The rest of the plane is pretty much intact so I just need to splice in a new nose and it will be good as new.

Some of my best flyers didn't have a nose either. :)

moret

The central pod was delaminating as were the ailerons. I forgot to mention that after it hit the tree it fell in the pond, haha. No worries, the replacement is just about ready for electronics after working on it last night.

View attachment 130688
Nice to be able to be back in the air overnight almost. I like the simple scout so much that I have one cut out in case I total my old one. The only problem is since I have 4s batteries for the mustang, It goes in the air first. So many planes, so little form

Stevo430687

@Stevo430687 is that perforated tape you're using? Like medical tape? If it is, it has no tensile strength. It's made to tear easily at the perforations and is just going to separate in nice clean lines. There is no added protection with that stuff. Heavy Duty packing tape, or even regular packing tape would go a lot farther towards protecting the plane.

That being said, that's a rough crash. It LOOKS like it "lawn darted." What happened?
Waaaaay nose heavy, impatient to fly, you know how it is? The tape is fiberglass reinforced packing tape, very strong.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Attempted a 2nd flight of my LongEZ today. Just can't seem to get to launch it good enough as it's a pusher where the prop is very close to my hand/arm. Here's the aftermath.

View attachment 130701
A cheap bungee launcher would give you a high speed and straight launch every time so you can concentrate on the controls rather than protecting your fingers!

In the long run the bungee pays for itself in far less repairs and rebuilds being required before you actually get to fly the bird!

Just a suggestion!

Have fun!