Crash support group

Stevo430687

My son and I buddy-boxed our mini F-22 this weekend. He's starting to get the hang of keeping track of orientation, and he thought that the F-22 was easier to fly than our previous Tiny Trainer and Mini Scout. While it's faster, it's also more nimble, which helps us avoid some (but not all!) crashes. Here's the aftermath after two hard nose-dives.
View attachment 130628

The funny thing is that we rubber banded the battery to the top of the plane and then got a couple more flights out of it sans nose! It was a handful as the CG was totally off, but it flew! In fact, my son got his longest single flight time to date with this nose-less F-22. The rest of the plane is pretty much intact so I just need to splice in a new nose and it will be good as new.
Yup, I had the same problem, lol. (see my earlier post)

Stevo430687

Well, one can hope "the third time's a charm..."
RaptorIIIa.jpeg

RaptorIIIb.jpeg

Stevo430687

I should have done that on mine before I crashed it so hard after 10 seconds and couldn't fly it anymore. Maybe once I get a new Tx, one that can have elevon mixing done properly I'll give this another shoot.
I put a little up elevator into it as it sits there, hopefully that will help as I ran out of trim on the last one. Also I added a small amount of weight in the backend to get the CoG closer to where it should be.

Last edited:

Mode 1

Yup. Started building a new one the next day. It will maiden this weekend.
Sadly we don't know why this one went in. It was only its 6th flight with the first 5 being flawless. The plane was in the middle of a high speed left hand sweeping turn and it suddenly rolled over and went in. All control surfaces / pushrods were fine. If all Goblins fly as well as this one (excluding crash) we are hooked!! Amazing flying plane.

only1bobert

Thought I’d share one from today just to show that I still do crash hard. Flying the TT today I broke the tail section to a point that the only thing holding it attached is the push rods and control horns :).

View attachment 128574
Mine did that too when my 12 AMP esc died with the F power pack. I have contacted flite test about this and they are looking into getting me a 20 amp ESC because thats what it should have come with.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Thursday finally nice enough to have combat wars again, all day very little wind but of course just as everyone was showing up the wind started to climb. Wind was coming directly at us so we always had to fight to keep them at a safe distance . I got 4 kills for the night so did great that way. 2 planes suffered minor damage and are already back together ready for battle, the Harley Hustler lets just say it tried drilling for oil and didn't survive the night.

2019_0518_070950_001.JPG

Wildthing

Legendary member
All the equipment survived other then I broke the motor shaft which I have more of and I couldn't find the prop and collet. ;)

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
i knew i should have stayed in bed on Saturday. stayed up way to late having fun and was in NO shape to be flying come 6am. as a result 2 of my new favs went down hard.

the twin hacker 3D foamy was in multiple pieces but fixable. the F-22 is gonna take some significant work. i tried the "hot water" trick to try and get the foam to return to a somewhat usable form but it's just not having it. i think i'm going to have to just hack the rest of the nose off and replace with blue foam from Home Depot, then shape it back to form with a hot knife and sand paper.

20190518_090455.jpg

:cry:

laters,

me :cool:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
i knew i should have stayed in bed on Saturday. stayed up way to late having fun and was in NO shape to be flying come 6am. as a result 2 of my new favs went down hard.

the twin hacker 3D foamy was in multiple pieces but fixable. the F-22 is gonna take some significant work. i tried the "hot water" trick to try and get the foam to return to a somewhat usable form but it's just not having it. i think i'm going to have to just hack the rest of the nose off and replace with blue foam from Home Depot, then shape it back to form with a hot knife and sand paper.

View attachment 131705

:cry:

laters,

me :cool:
Ooooh. I hate bad flying days!