Crash support group

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Today I decided not to repair a plane anymore, it was my Mini Edge. The plane with my largest amount of repairs done to it. I can tell you one thing though the more I repaired the model the better I got at flying it :).

View attachment 131784
View attachment 131785 View attachment 131786 View attachment 131787 View attachment 131788 View attachment 131789 View attachment 131790 View attachment 131791 View attachment 131792 View attachment 131793 View attachment 131794
That was the little plane that could. It just kept giving and giving until it had no more to give. You've repaired that plane more times than I've flown most of mine, combined. Sadly it was probably past time to retire her.

Her spirit will live on in the next plane you build using the expensive bits. R.I.P Mini Edge. You will be missed. :cry:

mayan

Legendary member
That was the little plane that could. It just kept giving and giving until it had no more to give. You've repaired that plane more times than I've flown most of mine, combined. Sadly it was probably past time to retire her.

Her spirit will live on in the next plane you build using the expensive bits. R.I.P Mini Edge. You will be missed. :cry:
FYI she can be repaired just want to relive her sprit a new body :).

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
FYI she can be repaired just want to relive her sprit a new body :).
Perhaps now is the time to get that new radio. The number of LOS crashes and their expense would have cost far more than the price of a new radio by now!

Sorry about the Nagging but you will see exactly what you skill level actually is on the day you start using a decent radio!

Have fun!

shadeyB

Legendary member
Massive aviation incident in Falkirk this morning with a privately owned Cessna 400 .
Air crash investigators say "this accident has taken place due to Pilot error flying in winds above 15mph, studies have shown planes should not be doing acrobatics in these weather conditions, the pilot is ok for the time being and is having a beer to cope with the shock :) " the flight box has still to be found however im not sure it will be located as the plane crashed into trees before descending into a Death Spiral. the pilot said he was happy that he managed to retrieve the plane and perform emergency landing manoeuvre.
Pilot added next time he attempts Ariel acrobatics he will use an appropriate aircraft.
luckily no one was harmed in this incident :)

image3.jpeg

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
Massive aviation incident in Falkirk this morning with a privately View attachment 132057 owned Cessna 400 .
Air crash investigators say "this accident has taken place due to Pilot error flying in winds above 15mph, studies have shown planes should not be doing acrobatics in these weather conditions, the pilot is ok for the time being and is having a beer to cope with the shock :) " the flight box has still to be found however im not sure it will be located as the plane crashed into trees before descending into a Death Spiral. the pilot said he was happy that he managed to retrieve the plane and perform emergency landing manoeuvre.
Pilot added next time he attempts Ariel acrobatics he will use an appropriate aircraft.
Ouch! Story about the crash though is amazing. I’ll cheer the pilot from the pool, and give him big round of applause for taking so easy :).

Jimun

Elite member
Massive aviation incident in Falkirk this morning with a privately View attachment 132057 owned Cessna 400 .
Oh man that hurts. A little glue and tape might work, Maybe not. It just might be time for a new one.

Hoomi

Master member
Not sure what happened. Flying along fine, and then she's suddenly nose down and heading for the mesquite trees.

Other club members say there's something about that area near the flying field, as several planes have gone down there under mysterious circumstances. I also find it more than a bit coincidental that I was using the same battery as was in my Cherokee when it went down (though that was due to my own error).

I need to evaluate if this is going to be repairable, or if I should salvage the electronics and any other usable parts, and just build up something new.
P5251598.JPG

Wildthing

Legendary member
Not sure what happened. Flying along fine, and then she's suddenly nose down and heading for the mesquite trees.

Other club members say there's something about that area near the flying field, as several planes have gone down there under mysterious circumstances. I also find it more than a bit coincidental that I was using the same battery as was in my Cherokee when it went down (though that was due to my own error).

I need to evaluate if this is going to be repairable, or if I should salvage the electronics and any other usable parts, and just build up something new.

That sucks, sorry to see that.
I don't think it would be the battery, did the motor cut out at the same time?

mayan

Legendary member

View attachment 132063
That looks repairable

Hoomi

Master member
I was mostly being facetious about it being the battery - more of implying maybe the battery is cursed.

I'm thinking, at this point, I may just salvage what I can from it, and use the receiver/esc/servos, and maybe motor, to build up a Simple Storch.

Hoomi

Master member
Another view of the damage. Both ailerons are broken in at least two places. The fuselage wouldn't be too bad to put back together, but the wing would likely best be replaced, as bad as it's damaged. A new wing from Flyzone runs about $65. The Storch kit is $40.

P5251599.JPG

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Another view of the damage. Both ailerons are broken in at least two places. The fuselage wouldn't be too bad to put back together, but the wing would likely best be replaced, as bad as it's damaged. A new wing from Flyzone runs about $65. The Storch kit is $40.

View attachment 132065
I say throw some elmer's glue at it and see if it'll fly. If it does, fly it until it doesn't. :) If it doesn't? Storch time! :D

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT

View attachment 132065
If you use a decent glue that repair could be almost perfect. The foam to foam glue will be far stronger than the foam itself originally and so effectively the wing would be a little stronger after the reapir. The same applies to the ailerons!

I have crashed far worse in the past and the repaired plane, (glue only) flew as good as it did originally and even managed to sell it, (with the damege) for a good price)!

If you do not trust the glue especially for the fuselage repair you could use a few tooth-picks for added strength but they will not be needed for the wing repair!

Just what works for me!

Have fun!