• WP_20160526SeaBB_Maidenseve.jpg
    WP_20160526SeaBB_Maidenseve.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Hey there eye! Just to let you know, you can post it so that the video will play on this page. Click the icon that looks like a film strip, and add the link in the space provided.

Emparri

From take-off plane was banking badly to right and had trouble trimming it. Thought it was a bad crosswind, and noob me kept flying! It spun and nosedived a foot away from a small stream. Camera fell out of its mount and you can hear the ESC screaming for dear life and also see smoke rising from the scorched EPO body. Salvaged right aileron servo barely respond to input and makes strange noise.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Please pardon my delight at your expense but that was an entertaining finale. Thanks for sharing it. This channel can be like the blues of RC flight. We find consolation in others hardships.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Excellent video and humor. I really like how you put it all together.

A spiraling plane that goes out of range is better than one that keeps on going. I still haven't found mine that headed way north beyond the trees and past another neighborhood. The last I saw of it, it was a speck that I couldn't even tell if it was coming or going.
I guess I can say now that it must have been going.

PaulT

Mentor
SO....nick-named my son Captain Douglas this summer as in Douglas Fir.
If there is a tree, and where we live there are LOTS of trees, he will manage to land on the tallest one.
Bixler plane, no problems with it before or after the tree...just dumb thumbs and a bit of sun.

Last edited:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Haha your son at least has skills to manage that the plane doesn´t stay stuck on top of a tree.

I had that one, I wanted to fly on a windy day (Parkzone Extra 300). So started and wanted first wanted to fly a few slow rounds going back forth with and against the wind. Once on the way with the wind I went down on throttle even more to get it glide for a bit and then pulled the elevator up to get it above a tree! Of course it seemed that the plane was fast enough to fly but the wind made that kinda optical illusion and made me feel I flying fast enough to fly. So pulled up--> started stalling, didn´t give full throttle (the plane would have enough power to just fly on, but my reaction was to slow) and my plane was lying on top of a tree probably 30 meters high :(
Anyway I got it down the next day and everything that happened was a bit of foam broken (glued back in 5 minutes), a fried esc and and a 3 cell lipo at 10,5 V or so.
Pretty bad but I at least got the plane down.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I have to add to this thread, since crashing is something I am particularly excellent at...

Emparri

Please pardon my delight at your expense but that was an entertaining finale. Thanks for sharing it. This channel can be like the blues of RC flight. We find consolation in others hardships.

It was a Dualsky 25A. 4x HS55 and a Dualsky 2835 Motor. 2200mAh 3S.

LOL yeah a big hole and problem is the walls are burnt thin. Plane is sitting in my attic with intention to cut the nose/cowling off and rebuild when I next get back from work hitch.

In way it was great I had the camera filming away while the ESC and plane melted... :)

Last edited:

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Excellent video and humor. I really like how you put it all together.
Thanks for the kind words, That place is an abandoned candle factory...complete with piles of 55 gallon drums of sludge and other hazardous looking material out back there. There's a pond in the back also that looks like some toxic waste monster would come crawling out of. I went back there to find the plane hoping it had landed past the trees and it was truly creepy...the funny thing is it still smells like potpourri and candle scents there.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
GWS Slow Stick & Parkzone Ultra Micro P-51 Mid Air Collision...I'm on the SS and my cousin was flying the UM P-51...This is unedited so the crash really starts about 3:15. After the crash you can hear us talking as we get approach the camera.