Crash videos

pelotron

Surely some of you pilots out there have videos of your best crashes?? Here's a collection of the three I've caught on camera from my copter's pov:

1) Didn't turn fast enough as the copter was flying back toward me with the wind on a super windy day.

2) Same windy day as #1; battery alarm started going off when the copter was WAY high and the wind kept blowing it away from me. I spent a full minute or more battling the wind to get it down and back to the landing site. Unfortunately the battery gave up the ghost about 5 feet above the ground.

3) This goes into the Stupid category... that day is was raining on and off, so I decided to cover the FC by wrapping a plastic bag around it. I figured that would provide enough protection to land and get back inside in case of another sudden drizzle. Unfortunately I secured the bag just by tucking it in between the various wires... no tape or anything. Part of it came loose during flight and started flapping around below the copter. As I was bringing it down to fix it, the bag got sucked into one of the props and brought it to a halt.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
At the end of this year, or possibly sooner, I want to put together a compilation of my "best of". Mostly it'll focus on crashes. Here is a crash of mine that I was thinking of saving for the best of video, but I decided to make it separate just because I loved the clips so much.

I assumed you wanted us to share ours.

pelotron

Haha! Those sudden dive bombs are crazy. Looks like your wing folded?

And yes, please share more videos!

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Yup, the wings folded. It was a rather great plane until the wing failed. Even if it didn't last long... Interestingly though, the prop didn't break, but the firewall did. I don't know how I managed to do that.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Yup, the wings folded. It was a rather great plane until the wing failed. Even if it didn't last long... Interestingly though, the prop didn't break, but the firewall did. I don't know how I managed to do that.
Walk of shame becomes "step of shame"! Nice one, RC!

Captain Average

The second video is wicked how it lands at your feet!!!

Here is just one session of crashes I had the other day. Arms kept coming back and I didn't realize. Was happily flying at the end of the day with in field repairs.

Last edited:

Bolvon72

Mentor
I looked through my videos, and as often as I crash 'em smash 'em, i could find few that happened with the camera recording. Here's a couple. My worst (no video) was a funfighter corsair that I did one half too many rolls and in pulling up, I went down hard enough I could feel the impact 40 feet away (That could have been my imagination.)

marc60

Flew my quadcopter on a windy day, wind blew me bachwards into a sneaky tree

Crashing the flitetest spitfire trying to duck trees. (not the best video, due to bad antenna)