Crashed into a house - oops

woodss

Death from above
Here's a video from a few weeks back - I suffered a radio failure and my WildHawk just came down and ploughed into someones house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8fAgWCzExg

(warning, some adult language in the text)

Luckily the girl who lived there was very nice and got someone to climb onto her roof to retrieve my plane :) No damage done, except to my ego.

earthsciteach

I had the same issue a couple of days ago. The connection between my Turnigy 9X and battery bank became, well, disconnected. My Wild Hawk made a slow, left hand, ever steepening, counter clockwise (anti-clockwise for you chaps across the pond) circle. End result-it flew directly into my hand. I caught it, saving it from certain fragmentation. I am pretty sure I will never be so lucky, again!

woodss

Death from above
Heh - my plane is loaded with FPV gear, it's flying weight is about 1kg now so it would have smashed a window at least had it been a bit lower.

The result:
roof.jpg

The aftermath:
001.jpg

309235_10150303265637484_635522483_8335228_990991414_n.jpg

How she is now...
319913_10150304132782484_635522483_8341135_866620793_n.jpg

Flies better than ever if I'm honest lol

Sole

Ouch. And I thought my WildHawk looked beaten up. Nice repair though, I especially like what you did to the canopy. Looks far better than my botched depron job. One question though; How do you open it? :D

woodss

Death from above
heh

i dont need to open it up, balance cable from the 2200mAh battery protrudes so I just charge it in place, canopy is just a plastic bottle cut to size - protects my FPV cam perfectly and doesn't even blur the picture :)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
heh

i dont need to open it up, balance cable from the 2200mAh battery protrudes so I just charge it in place, canopy is just a plastic bottle cut to size - protects my FPV cam perfectly and doesn't even blur the picture :)

HAHA At first I got the impression that the plastic was dark... then I saw the FPV camera! It's a nice windshield, so a drop of water won't block all your view...