Help! Creality Ender 3 New with bad pre-assembled part

Hans2047

Hi guys, I've just assembled the Ender 3 printer only to find the bed plate assembly listing because one of the guide wheels is not located in the guide track. The bearings in this wheel are assembled differently and does not line up as shown below.
The wheel behind is located correctly but the bearing seems to mounted outside of the wheel. The 2 wheels on the other also have this bearing arrangement. My question is, if anyone can have a look at their Ender 3 printer, what should it look like - which way do the bearings sit. Thanks
20181026_205710.jpg

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
To me it appears as if the wheel with the exposed bearing has had its tyre slip off of the bearing.

I do not have a ender 3 though but from my hunting for parts for my next build I have never seen one with the tyre displaced though I have seen tyres and bearings separate from each other.

Hope you work it out!

Have fun!

Hans2047

Thanks Hai-Lee.
I think it's odd too to have the bearing stick out like that. Strangely the wheels on the other side look the same. Wierd. I've also contacted Creality support but I haven't heard from them yet.
20181026_205735.jpg

Hans2047

I found the 3mm base plate is also bent so the whole assembly must have received a terrific downward force which has literally knocked the bearings out of their wheels.
The whole is being returned tomorrow to Amazom for a replacement! %#$@!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I found the 3mm base plate is also bent so the whole assembly must have received a terrific downward force which has literally knocked the bearings out of their wheels.
The whole is being returned tomorrow to Amazom for a replacement! %#$@!
Hard luck! Must be something going around!

My Tronxy extruder heater failed this morning! (A preassembled assembly). Upon disassembly I found that NO heat transfer compound had been used and so the heater element was allowed to run hotter than it should and hence early failure!

Found a local supplier for the heater element so with luck I will be up and running by the weekend, (subject to the transport gods that is).

better luck next time!

have fun!

kdobson83

Yikes, sounds like a shipping/handling issue. I had a few issues with the y-axis bolts on my ender 3. The bolts were too tight allowing it to travel down but make a HORRIBLE noise and wouldnt go back up. Took me a bit to figure it out, ended up lossening it up and it was fine after that. But not after I tried to do a test print and it dug the nozzle into the bed... 😒
I got all the kinks worked out and put a glass bed on it and it's great now. Been printing with it for 6 months now with no issue.
Enjoy your printer when Amazon sends you a new one. Any questions and I'll be glad to help where I can. Do be careful and make sure your y-axis isn't too tight and make sure the sensor on the left side that let's it know the y-axis is at the bottom is adjusted properly before you test print. You'll end up with huge scars on your nice new bed like me....
Bed alignment for the win.