Create Foamboard Cybertrucks and then race them

Duffusmonkey

I once made Foamboard FEDEX and UPS RC truck bodies for 1/10th scale RC trucks. I never made anything else because there was nothing interesting that was boxy enough to make out of Foamboard.

AND THEN ELON MUSK RELEASED THE CYBERTRUCK!

I think that everyone should make Cybertrucks bodies out of Foamboard and then have a series of challenges:
1. A hitch tow challenge
2. A dirt track race
3. FPV obstacle course?
4. Fly them????

UPS_Race01.jpg

UPS_Race03.jpg

Step03.jpg

Step04.jpg

Attachments

• TeslaCyberTruck-1.jpg
    TeslaCyberTruck-1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 0
  • tug-of-war-this-video-shows-tesla-cybertruck-beating-the-ford-f-150 (1).jpg
    tug-of-war-this-video-shows-tesla-cybertruck-beating-the-ford-f-150 (1).jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

FastCrash45

Elite member
I love those ups and FedEx bodies. How do they hold up(not rolling them over)? Do you add any thin plywood for mounts?

Duffusmonkey

I love those ups and FedEx bodies. How do they hold up(not rolling them over)? Do you add any thin plywood for mounts?

They did not last long on a offroad dirt track. Even though they were just Foamboard they weighed enough extra that the suspension on the Rusler (UPS) and the Associated T4(FedEx) would bottom out on jumps. Here is some old video grainy video of it on the track

I gave the UPS body to a Guy who made a rock crawler out of it. I need to find s picture because it was pretty cool.

Edit: Jason Tipton and his wife made this great rock crawler using my UPS body

Attachments

• 20191203_171520.jpg
    20191203_171520.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20191203_171500.jpg
    20191203_171500.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

FastCrash45

Elite member
I'm thinking a few well placed pieces of thin hobby ply will make those bodies last. Except in major crashes. I think I'll make an FedEx truck

Duffusmonkey

Why not make a Cybertruck and an F150 that FLY, then race them?

Now I want to see a FLYING tow off. That would make a great Flitetest episode.

Just turn the tires down "Back to the future" style and use quad setups. Look I already found a flying Cybertruck!

Attachments

• flyingrcdelorean.jpg
    flyingrcdelorean.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 0

Duffusmonkey

I'm thinking a few well placed pieces of thin hobby ply will make those bodies last. Except in major crashes. I think I'll make an FedEx truck
My biggest mistake was attaching to bodies through the roof. I had to add long heavy rods and the body flexed too much. I suggest attaching the body through the sides like the rock crawler did

Duffusmonkey

Here is a PDF that can be printed as a guide to make a FedEx/UPS truck that fits on a 11.5" wheelbase like a Traxxas Ruster. Since Josh made a cybertruck I didn't bother to make my own drawing for it.

Attachments

• Fedex_traxxas_body.PDF
    618.5 KB · Views: 0

FastCrash45

Elite member
Here is a PDF that can be printed as a guide to make a FedEx/UPS truck that fits on a 11.5" wheelbase like a Traxxas Ruster. Since Josh made a cybertruck I didn't bother to make my own drawing for it.
The stampede has about the same wheel base so this should work perfect. Love the details too. With some well places thin ply I think I can make a very durable body. Thanks for the file this will be fun to make and accessorize!!!